Why become a member? ×

New Cab Day - TC K-212

rungles

Just unboxed. Letting it get up to room temp for a while so in currently just sat looking at it:

[URL=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/howardtjmoon/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsarpuayhc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/howardtjmoon/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsarpuayhc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by rungles

I've not rehearsed or gigged with it yet but so far I love it! Will be buying another in 2 weeks.

Door to door in under 18 hours too - and delivered on a Saturday. Let that be a lesson to all you retailers who say you can't/won't deliver to the Isle of Wight!

Edited by rungles

I'm really impressed with this. More of an 'old school' sound than Markbass stuff but can still do all the sounds I like. I play in a funk band and I can't wait to gig with it. I have a rehearsal on Tuesday so I'll give you a performance update then. Just need to get his twin brother now 😎👍

Nice, I was looking at these. Ideally I'd like to try one first, but my local music shop said they'd only be in around June :( I know tc cabs are designed to be stacked vertically but I'd be terrified of it falling over, I'd be tempted to get two of these and stack them horizontally.

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1427624716' post='2732341']
Nice, I was looking at these. Ideally I'd like to try one first, but my local music shop said they'd only be in around June :( I know tc cabs are designed to be stacked vertically but I'd be terrified of it falling over, I'd be tempted to get two of these and stack them horizontally.
[/quote]

You'd be doing well to knock these over - the pics I've seen don't do them justice, especially the 212. They are solid and chunky mothers :)

Used the K-212 at rehearsal last night and I am blown away by it. I've had Markbass cabs in the past and I can honestly say that I prefer the sound of these K Cabs. Price-wise they are very similar but I'm glad I opted for TC. A perfect match for my Carvin BX500 head and plenty beefy enough to handle the BX700 which is what I'm planning on upgrading to a bit later.

I've just ordered a K-210 to accompany the K-212.

Well just tinkering at home the 212 has a LOT more bass than the 210 but that's to be expected. The 212 alone sounds great, the 210 not so much but together they sound incredible.

Am I still the only one with these cabs? I'd love to hear what other people think of them.