Why become a member? ×

SOLD Status Streamline Fretless 5 - Surf Green (as new) - £1050 including UK shipping
£1050

three

Now sold. I don't go in for hyperbole, however, this one fully justifies it. An absolutely stunning, as new Status Streamline Fretless 5 string. The satin surf green finish (by Status) is divine. I've had this just a few months but need to move it on as a result of other expenses and purchases (and the fact that I'm useless on fretless).

This is a special, very high-spec bass with myriad custom options and refinements - the original ad is here (I'm sure that Uli won't mind and his images are better than mine):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/248481-status-streamline-5-string-fretless/page__p__2623870__hl__streamline__fromsearch__1#entry2623870"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2623870[/url]

[font=Helvetica]Specification:[/font]

[font=Helvetica]One-piece carbon design[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Surf green satin finish[/font]
Plain fretless with micro-edge markers
[font=Helvetica]32" with bendwell[/font]
[font=Helvetica]16.5mm string spacing at bridge[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Special pickup positions[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Series/parallel switches for both pick-ups[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Mute switch [/font](extremely useful in professional settings - more basses should have this IMO)
[font=Helvetica]Status half-wound strings (currently strung E-C)[/font]
[font=Helvetica]Black Schaller strap buttons in all three positions[/font]
[font=Helvetica]3.2kg[/font]

[font=Helvetica]The bass looks absolutely as new and is supplied with its 'as new' Status bag. The only point of note is that since I changed the strings from the original black nylon flats, there's a minor buzz at the bridge on the G (I'm useless at working out what's causing this but for anybody of average intelligence and in possession of a screwdriver/set of allen keys, I suspect that it's an easy fix). Indeed, I'm going to have a mate who knows about these things look at it tomorrow.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Playability is ludicrously easy and fast - in fact, joking apart, even my intonation on this isn't too shabby.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]To buy this bass new, there'd be no change from £2700. I have just short of £1100 in it, so a bit of a bargain at £1050 (including UK shipping). Seriously, this bass is stunning and genuinely like new. You can't really lose on this one.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]I'll include all original paperwork, allen keys, grub screws, strap pins (and original black nylon flats if I can find them) etc.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]Collection from central Manchester, Lancashire, or Central Birmingham, or I can ship in tons of bubble wrap and a Status carton (shipping included in the UK but without insurance and at the buyer's risk). [/font]

Edited by three

Thanks gents for the very kind comments. I'm kind of wobbling on this and thinking of a fret job. I must be strong. A good few nibbles but nothing definite. Very playable and very good fun - super light too!

Hi all, thanks for the very positive comments - much appreciated. It is a very lovely bass indeed and eminently playable. The tone is pure full-on Status too - enormous and defies the size of the bass itself! I have a high-quality carton ready for shipping (and loads of bubble wrap) and can ship to the UK and beyond (most of Europe, US etc.)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Following a couple of enquiries, this bass was originally strung B to G and will set up beautifully (it's a Status!) either B to G or E to C. The action is currently very low with no choking or dullness - the D, G and C are achingly sweet at the top end (a bit of chorus and reverb and I'm right back in the 80's). Sorry about the images, it's difficult to describe the quality of the finish or just how lovely this looks.[/font][/color]

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1428493111' post='2741733']
I really wish this would hurry up and sell......it's just sat there goading me!
[/quote]

hahaha, I know - every time I come onto BC there's something (usually lots of things) goading me!

A little further clarification - the pickups in this bass (original Status humbuckers wired to a 702 board) were replaced - at Status - with Bimax pickups when the bass was being re-finished in the rather glorious surf green you see in the images. This was to facilitate full series/parallel operation - a very nice and very expensive touch. I've checked all the paperwork for the instrument and the original price (with an aqua blue tint in the gloss finish) was over £2400 in 2011. The additional work - re-spray, new pickups and wiring for S-P and the standby switch - added a further £950+. In total, the bass has had more than £3300 put into it. It looks like it, feels like it and sounds like it. In all, a bit of a bargain (IMO) in its as new Status bag (and with all tools, a new set of strings, original nylon flats, Schaller lock system and original pins, and all paperwork). As indicated previously, pickup in the West Midlands or North West, or shipping to the UK, EU or US

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1429132787' post='2748471']
Arrrrgh. Don't need another fretlesss, don't need another fretless..........
[/quote]
And it's just over the Snake, through Glossop and next big town along. A fine selection of pastries, biscuits, teas, coffees, wines and beers awaits

Edited by three

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1431456846' post='2771595']
Jesus, what a bass and what a bargain. GLWTS. :)
[/quote]
Thanks for this - it really is outrageously lovely and I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it hasn't sold - a very flat market I suspect!