Why become a member? ×

New Boss BB-1X Bass Driver Stompbox

n1ck-a

Anyone got any experience of using the above new pedal from Boss?

Just bought myself one to use mainly as pre-shaped DI to front of house, plus I like a little overdrive. Planning to use in place of my GT-6B which I have put up for sale in the other board.

Interested to hear if anyone has first hand experience of this little box? Will be gigging it next weekend for the first time.

[url="http://www.bossus.com/products/bb-1x/"]http://www.bossus.com/products/bb-1x/[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Well I gigged the BB-1X last night, and used it as a pre amp into my Orange Terror Bass 500w Combo.

The overdrive was a really pleasant surprise, has a lovely natural valve tone - just what I wanted. Our drummer uses top end Roland V-Drums (let's not get into that one!) and as such we tend to keep our stage volume pretty low with everything going through a brand new Yamaha PA. I cannot always get my amp at such a volume it drives naturally.

Having previously owned the ODB-3, the BB-1X is a million miles away in terms of sound. The drive knob can be turned past 12 o'clock before it sounds more like a fuzz, so plenty of room to get a nice valve overdrive tone which is to your liking.

Need to experiment on settings to shape the DI signal, only low and high knobs, with a blend mix, and not sure how best to work that with the EQ settings on the mixing desk. Any tips appreciated...?? Want to get the same sound out of front of house if possible. The DI on the amp itself was not cutting it for me.

Edited by n1ck-a

[quote name='n1ck-a' timestamp='1428841544' post='2745049']

Need to experiment on settings to shape the DI signal, only low and high knobs, with a blend mix, and not sure how best to work that with the EQ settings on the mixing desk. Any tips appreciated...?? Want to get the same sound out of front of house if possible. The DI on the amp itself was not cutting it for me.
[/quote]

[i][b]Anyone got any advice on settings at the mixer for a DI'd preamp signal?[/b][/i]