Why become a member? ×

April Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1428852963' post='2745263']
Here's my slightly leftfield offering. And there's no chickens, or "singing"!...
[/quote]

Hmm. No, or very little, chance of capturing my vote then. Singing chickens are the new singing chickens. I'll maybe give it a listen later, but you're not stackin' 'em up in your favour. Reassure me... There is, at least, [i]some [/i]trombone..? :unsure:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1428855326' post='2745298']

Reassure me... There is, at least, [i]some [/i]trombone..? :unsure:
[/quote]

No 'bones, or wind of any sort (apart from the usual).
Just bass, drums and piano. And of course, the high pitched whirring noise of Mussorgsky spinning in his grave!

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1428855722' post='2745303']...And of course, the high pitched whirring noise of Mussorgsky spinning in his grave!
[/quote]

Ah... The clincher. Right up my street, then. I like paying attention to details such as that. Here's my headset..?
(... [i]Wanders off, looking under unlikely piles of magazines and un-ironed linen. Stubs toe on toolbox and yelps, then lets forth a stream of odd French expressions containing obscure biological terms. Night falls.[/i] )

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1428858390' post='2745339']
Je parle le Francais comme une vache Espagnol!
[/quote]

Et moi donc..! Pas seulement nul en français, malgré tous ces années, mais en plus je perds le peu d'anglais que j'avais..! Je deviens muet... :blush:

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1428852963' post='2745263']
Here's my slightly leftfield offering...
[/quote]

Nice work. I almost tapped my feet. I'd have fallen over if I had, so I was lucky there, eh..? A definite twitch in the toes, though. B)

Edited by Dad3353

Yes, it's all true; even my poor old Mum warned me, but would I listen..? Would I heck..! Still, the tablets seem to keep the worst at bay, except towards Michaelmas, when the Old Trouble comes kicks back in with a vengeance. Serves me right for going to Matching Mole concerts during a mis-spent youth. :(
I'm proud to have survived The Edgar Broughton Band, though. B)

Not going to get anything done this month I'm afraid gents, need to concentrate writing energies elsewhere with my limited time for music stuff, trying to get a new project off the ground.

Looking forward to listening to all the entries looks like there might be a few newcommers as well :)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1428915701' post='2745796']
Not going to get anything done this month I'm afraid gents...
[/quote]

[s]Lazy beggar[/s] Never mind, we'll catch you next time around. Good luck with your projects. B)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1428917120' post='2745811']
[s]Lazy beggar[/s] Never mind, we'll catch you next time around. Good luck with your projects. B)
[/quote]

Thanks Dad... hopefully have this new thing up and running by next month so I can get back to the more serious business of the BC compo comp. :)

Phew! I thought I wouldn't make it! It's always hard to translate your brain waves to /actual/ music, but I think I came pretty close to what I intended. I had a real blast, I'll definitely be trying my hand at future challenges.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/jaedry/wars-aftermath"]War's Aftermath[/url]

Edited by BirchTree

[quote name='BirchTree' timestamp='1429539673' post='2752396']
Phew! I thought I wouldn't make it! It's always hard to translate your brain waves to /actual/ music, but I think I came pretty close to what I intended. I had a real blast, I'll definitely be trying my hand at future challenges.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/jaedry/wars-aftermath"]War's Aftermath[/url]
[/quote]

Very nice.

Here's my entry.
I saw a bunch of Russians having an after party get together.
Has the guy on the far right of the main crowd got an extra long smoke, and did it get passed to him from the smaller gathering that's just below him? They look wrecked!

So... The Retreat.

https://soundcloud.com/xgsjx/the-retreat

Had I more time, I would have liked to added more lyrical ramblings & messed about with effects.

[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]G’day all. A quick post to call ‘last orders’ on this month’s compositions![/size][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]The deadline for entries is this evening at midnight… but I won’t be launching the voting thread until tomorrow morning (Friday), so you have all night if you’re keen to while away the wee hours in pursuit of creative greatness.[/size][/size][/font]

[font="Helvetica"]I'm hoping to put something together for it this evening when I get home. Slapdash is the word ;)[/font]

Sorry, I also will not be able to submit a composition for this month. I had a really good idea on the go, but just haven't been able to get it sorted in time... hopefully I will be back in it for next month though.

Good luck to all composers !

Cheers,
James.
:)