Why become a member? ×

Best place to sell bass online in UK?

woodywyatt

I'm based in the Canary Islands and taking my bass back to the UK in a few weeks to sell. I can't say the name of the bass for fear of Topic deletion :unsure:
I'm not trying to push the sale here just looking best place to advertise online in the UK before I fly back. Want to avoid eBay costs!

Gumtree isn't a bad shout... Depends on the value of the bass you are selling.

You'd stand as much chance of selling a bass on gumtree as here if it's a lower value or popular style insturment. If it's a fodera etc or anything niche you'll stand a better chance of shifting it here.

[quote name='woodywyatt' timestamp='1427875490' post='2735203']
Hobbayne - yes it is what you think it is! Just that I noticed you're not allowed to even mention the word Ri.......r
[/quote]

oh christ it's one of those... :o

Whatever you do don't start a thread about why your selling it... :mellow:

Edited by CamdenRob

If it's the real thing and not a copy then TBH eBay is your best bet. Even after eBay and PayPal fees you'll still be paying out less then the commission most musical instrument shops will want to sell it for you. The bass remains in possession until it is sold and therefore you don't have to risk it getting accidentally damaged while it's on display in the shop. And probably most important of all you reach a far larger audience of potential buyers than anywhere else (and more so if you are prepared to ship abroad) including this forum.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1427889267' post='2735461']
There are some good Facebook pages/groups where you can sell gear free. They have been ok for me, for example I couldn't sell my Thumb here but it went quickly on FB.
UK Bass gear for sale trade, Bass market UK etc.
[/quote]
Ok great cheers will take a look, hopefully it'll shift pretty quick. Got my eye on the new US Geddy ;)

There are some good Facebook pages/groups where you can sell gear free. They have been ok for me, for example I couldn't sell my Thumb here but it went quickly on FB.
[/quote]

What Karlfer said! I sold my Warwick through one of those groups last week. Very easy and totally free of course...

[quote name='simonlittle' timestamp='1427897767' post='2735606']
What Karlfer said! I sold my Warwick through one of those groups last week. Very easy and totally free of course...
[/quote]
Yup think that's the way I'll go first. Thanks all.
Keep your eye on that sometime next month whoever is interested in buying a - you know what ;)

[/quote]

Yes, why not try the Bass Players Market UK?...Click on my signature below :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

[/quote]

+1 on the Facebook pages. Bass Players Market UK and Bass Players Sell - Buy - Swap - UK only are the best for me. I've sold a stack of gear over the last few months; basses, cabs and fx and advertised here and in Facebook. Sold everything but one fx rack via the Facebook pages. Highly recommended and it's completely free!