Why become a member? ×

Howdy to all from the U.S.A.

Acesn8s

I'm a Bass rookie at 60 years of age. Excited to engage with another group of Bass enthusiest. I have soo much to learn, and unfortunately little time to do so. I'll be content taking this bass ride as long as it lasts. I've been practicing for just about a year. My progress has been satisfactory according to my instructor.
Gear wise I started with an entry level Yamaha 170 played thru a 35 watt Ibanez Sound Wave amp, that I played for approx. 7 months. I remain in posession of the Sound Wave. The Yamaha was traded in for an up grade. I chose an ESP LTD B-4E. It was a good choice bcause she is a joy to play.
I also upgraded my amp with the acquisition of a Fender Rumble 500v3 combo amp. It is also a dream to play thru.
I 'm drawn to playing jazz/funk fusion,rock, and pop music. I'm looking forward to absorbing as much Knowledge as possible from my brothers and sisters accross the pond.

Hi there Acesn8s,

Welcome to basschat :)
Don't worry about being a rookie at 60
I took 25 years off playing bass!
I wish I never did, but there you go

The main thing is to enjoy it as much as you can
Sounds like you've made a good start, by hiring a tutor

Glad you like your upgraded bass
It's important that you find it comfortable to play

Have a good time on here, and post questions, answers, suggestions, pics of gear etc
Just contribute - we're a friendly lot, honestly

Marc
(saying "croeso" - from Wales)

Good afternoon, Acesn8s, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Much here to inform, amuse and share. There are more than a few here from your side of the ocean, so you are far from alone.
([i]60..? Young whippersnapper to some of us here..![/i] :rolleyes: )

Steady on there, old chap, there's still the question of the initiation ceremony. Once the fees have been settled we can turn to finding a suitable date and another source of fire-proof leatherware. Any preference for colour between puce, crimson and violet..? :mellow: