Why become a member? ×

NGD soon...

Bass_Guardian

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428070290' post='2737737']
Only this one on my iPad....

Edit, found one more!
[/quote]

That is very tasty!! :gas: Nope not arrived yet :( those pictures of yours are making me more excited for mine now. Hopefully mines a bit less relic'd though ;)

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1428071182' post='2737765']
Hopefully mines a bit less relic'd though ;)
[/quote]

Too true!!!

I'm really not into relics, never have been to be honest yet I keep ending up owning them as they sound so damn good! These days my Jazz is a Coset Classic, that's much better. At least if they take a knock it's cool, plus one of our rabbits started chewing the side of the Nocaster, looks just like the fender relicing lol :)

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428071895' post='2737783']
Too true!!!

I'm really not into relics, never have been to be honest yet I keep ending up owning them as they sound so damn good! These days my Jazz is a Coset Classic, that's much better. At least if they take a knock it's cool, plus one of our rabbits started chewing the side of the Nocaster, looks just like the fender relicing lol :)
[/quote]

If I had a rabbit that done that I would be having rabbit stew for dinner the same evening! Your jazz looks the business! :gas:

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428255478' post='2739655']
All gone quiet, is the Tele ok?
[/quote]

Sorry wasn't on Basschat over the weekend. Wasn't feeling to good so haven't played it too much. Not a perfect guitar but loving the sound off it :D pics to follow!

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1428307080' post='2739989']

Sorry wasn't on Basschat over the weekend. Wasn't feeling to good so haven't played it too much. Not a perfect guitar but loving the sound off it :D pics to follow!
[/quote]

Hope you're feeling better.

If you fancy experimenting, I personally think that maple neck Tele's come to life more with gauge 11 strings, really brings up the volume, bass response and general vibe.

Have fun with it, they are cool guitars.

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428309120' post='2740001']
Hope you're feeling better.

If you fancy experimenting, I personally think that maple neck Tele's come to life more with gauge 11 strings, really brings up the volume, bass response and general vibe.

Have fun with it, they are cool guitars.
[/quote]

Not sure what gauge are currently on them but the first real difference i noticed between my squier CV tele and my Fender was the Fender has ALOT more bass and depth.

Few things that bother me with the Fender though is 1. The pickguard doesn't sit flush with the body. 2. The pickup selector plastic knob keeps coming off 3. The frets are a bit sharp when running my fingers down the side of the neck.

If I can sort these things then i'm a very happy man. For a guitar made in 1989 it is immaculate.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1428322491' post='2740176']

Not sure what gauge are currently on them but the first real difference i noticed between my squier CV tele and my Fender was the Fender has ALOT more bass and depth.

Few things that bother me with the Fender though is 1. The pickguard doesn't sit flush with the body. 2. The pickup selector plastic knob keeps coming off 3. The frets are a bit sharp when running my fingers down the side of the neck.

If I can sort these things then i'm a very happy man. For a guitar made in 1989 it is immaculate.
[/quote]

That's great that you're happy with the tone, the rest is easily fixed.

The pickguard is a 50's style singly ply, they all do that, even the originals and Custom Shop ones. Plus, they have less screw holes than regular ones. You'll need to buy a 3 ply plate suited for a 50's style, that'll make it plush to the body, worth checking the WD site or the Scratch It guys that are also on BC. The switch tip is likely to be aftermarket, and they always have a few size options. For now you could use some super glue or a little bit of tape around the switch. The frets can be sorted, but not sure if that's something you'd like to do yourself? If not a tech can sort it out easily enough.

There you go, job done!

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428327501' post='2740222']
That's great that you're happy with the tone, the rest is easily fixed.

The pickguard is a 50's style singly ply, they all do that, even the originals and Custom Shop ones. Plus, they have less screw holes than regular ones. You'll need to buy a 3 ply plate suited for a 50's style, that'll make it plush to the body, worth checking the WD site or the Scratch It guys that are also on BC. The switch tip is likely to be aftermarket, and they always have a few size options. For now you could use some super glue or a little bit of tape around the switch. The frets can be sorted, but not sure if that's something you'd like to do yourself? If not a tech can sort it out easily enough.

There you go, job done!
[/quote]

To be honest it was only really the pickguard that put me off it! You've brightened my day Chili!

I'll probably not do the frets myself but i'll superglue the selector knob thing.

Can't upload any pics just now as i'm using my work pc. Hopefully might be some eye candy to someone.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1428328166' post='2740228']

To be honest it was only really the pickguard that put me off it! You've brightened my day Chili!

I'll probably not do the frets myself but i'll superglue the selector knob thing.

Can't upload any pics just now as i'm using my work pc. Hopefully might be some eye candy to someone.
[/quote]

Nice one, glad you're happy. Pictures would be lovely, yes please!

Now you have lots of pickguard choices. If you want to keep it 50's style, I'm wondering if Scratch It could make you s 3 ply guard where by each layer is black? Traditionally a black 3 ply guard has black/white/black layers, so you see a white layer around the edges, still cool though. And of course cream and tortoiseshell always look nice on a burst. Enjoy choosing.

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428328506' post='2740234']
Nice one, glad you're happy. Pictures would be lovely, yes please!

Now you have lots of pickguard choices. If you want to keep it 50's style, I'm wondering if Scratch It could make you s 3 ply guard where by each layer is black? Traditionally a black 3 ply guard has black/white/black layers, so you see a white layer around the edges, still cool though. And of course cream and tortoiseshell always look nice on a burst. Enjoy choosing.
[/quote]

Would have to stick with black. I'm not the biggest fan of tortoiseshell :blush: I'll have a look just now :)