Why become a member? ×

Stellartone Tonestyler

Funky Dunky

Want one! I have watched some videos on the tube of the ewe, most impressed, but upon visiting their website I became extremely confused by the options (not a tech guy at all). I have a passive Squier PJ Precision and want the most versatile one I can get, but hit a brick wall trying to understand it all. Any owners out there? How do you like it? I'm surprised I haven't heard more about these, seems like a great gizmo.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed a similar device on my Squire P Special.
I got it from 'Dislocardi' of this parish.
Its much cheaper than the actual Stellartone.
Rather than get in knot, I just installed it in place of the tone pot.
So I now have a choice of variations on the P p-up, The J p-up and then the blends of both.
I find it handy to get to a variety of different sounds quickly and much better than with the old pot.
Not all settings are noticeable or effective all the time but there are many that are.
I am just about to put one on my Fender P to try it....

My Dingwall Super P/J has one and I love it, very versatile and a huge variation in tones available.

It was already fitted when I purchased the bass, so I didn't have to make a decision.

Have to agree with you that it is a little confusing. I can recommend the one that I have as a very worthwhile upgrade.

If it helps I could photograph the packaging that came with it. :)