Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Toneman 600 evo

grumpyguts

Id say it is an Ashdown MAG 600 with a different name, especially for Thomann. I rate the MAG highly, had one for few years, was reliable, better tone than the ABM imo and certainly loud enough through Barefaced cabs. It never missed a beat.
Cheers
Geoff

[quote name='grumpyguts' timestamp='1428151942' post='2738534']
I spose the only problem is I don't really need 600w at 4 ohms, it results in cab issues I probably don't need. I wonder what it would give at 8 ohms...

Looked on the Ashdown website and there is no mention; is this possibly some Thomann only deal?
[/quote]

I think this is the case. They had a similar deal about a year ago when they were called something different but still Thoman related. I would imagine that they are the same heads rebadged and as Thoman has such buying power, they get them for a good price.

It is a worthy amp if it is a MAG 600, renamed. I have the EVO1 version with carpet covering, no compressor or overdrive. Also a EVO3 with tolex, chrome corners, compressor, and overdrive. Get it while you can because it is an "old school" solid state amp with no valves to worry about.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1428141738' post='2738370']
Maybe couple it with with the £289 Toneman 8X10 for an affordable touring rig..? :blink:
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/ashdown_toneman_810.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/ashdown_toneman_810.htm[/url]
[/quote]

I've got one of those 810's great cabs although you mines called the mag 810t