Why become a member? ×

What do you listen to on the way home from a gig~

Japhet

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1428175897' post='2738894']
Radio 4. There's something really soothing about the Shipping Forecast and the coastal station reports.
[/quote][quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1428222887' post='2739164']
BBC World Service. Or silence.
[/quote]

Sailing By...

It can depend on the gig- if I'm up for a bit more rock and buzzing from the gig, then probably a bit of Maiden. If I'm not in the mood it can be silence, or a bit of folky stuff that we keep in the car. Maybe a bit of TalkSport too.

It really depends on circs

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1428175897' post='2738894']
Radio 4. There's something really soothing about the Shipping Forecast and the coastal station reports.
[/quote]

This. No music, just quiet, calm talky bits.

For me it’s usually enforced silence. The MP3 player I have is a little USB stick thing, but you can’t use it when the USB is plugged in – it goes to charging mode. To listen to music you have to unplug it so it’s running on its battery, which means it keeps playing (silently of course) when you switch the engine off. I nearly always forget to plug the USB back in, so the device is dead by the time we’ve loaded out ready to go.
On the odd occasions I remember, it’ll be my usual assortment of pop/post punk and modern Brit rock; All Time Low, You Me At Six, Deaf Havana, Sugarcult, Muse, Fall Out Boy. Keeps the adrenaline flowing on an early hours drive.