Why become a member? ×

Best cab for Gallien Krueger MB500 head

PeteS

I used Schroeder cabs with my MB500 and MB Fusion 500 and found them to be a very good pairing. Schroeders are very powerful, but do have a low-mid "hump". This of course can be eq-d out. I also used the MB500 with an Ampeg SVT410HE and that was very nice too.

Agree with Lozz, I use a 4-ohm Schroeder 21012L with my G-K MB500 Fusion and it's very good indeed, though this cab has far less of a 'mid-hump' than the 1212L I had previously. It's always worth having a look at the Barefaced Bass website too.

I liked both the TKS 112's and Berg CN112's with the GK MB's. Two of these would be pretty loud. TKS more of a mid's / high mid's bump, Bergs more low mids bump, but both EQ'able with the powerful GK MB EQ. Both do other options if you need more volume.

Schroeder and Barefaced also well worth a look, as mentioned above. I went for the 2 x TKS S112 in the end, balancing cost, portability, quality, volume etc.

I believe they were suggested to be paired up with the MBE series cabs, of which I have the MBE-II 4x10 version. Neo speakers, 800watt power handling, super light and compact dimensions with more punch than any cab I've experienced to date. Really hits like a hammer. The cab definitely has that signature aggressive presence that GK are famed for.

Edited by 40hz