Why become a member? ×

Fender rumble 112 V3 opinions? or Tecamp xs112?

Radchenko

I've used two fender rumbles 112 for a few years, before replacing them with a single bigger cab. They are pretty good, very portable and light. If you are playing at any volume you really need two to get good bottom end, as their natural sound is more in the mids. You'll need to spend a lot more money to get something substantially better.

Hello. Thanks for the replies.

What are the reasons you like it?, please Mykesbass.

I doubt between: Fender 112 V3, Aguilar gs or sl 112, Tecamp xs 112. Other options?.

Very different prices, but...different quality, powerful?.

From what I have read:
- Vintage sound: Fender, Aguilar.
- Clean sound: Tecamp..With poor low end.

Thanks.

[quote name='Radchenko' timestamp='1428524260' post='2742194']

I doubt between: Fender 112 V3, Aguilar gs or sl 112, Tecamp xs 112. Other options?.

From what I have read:

Thanks.
[/quote]

Mmmm, describing sounds, difficult, but here goes - only cab I have real experience with to compare is a UK built Purple Chili 112 with a Celestion driver.

I'm getting a nice full sound from the Fender, plenty of bottom, including low C on 5 string, but also very articulate - a nice bit of tightness, warm but not wooly. I picked up the second one today so am really looking forward to hearing both together tomorrow night.

A good example would be Spongebob's recording - it is the combo version but will be pretty close:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-xHT-cUC4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-xHT-cUC4[/url]

Thank you. Good description, and nice Precision bass sound :-)

I play a Fender jb66 with Lollar pickups and fingerpicking. Then, maybe be better for me the Tecamp xs112, don't you think?. I don't know what to do.

This is the answer, from Fender consumer relations, about the 112 v3 specs:

The specifications that you requested are not currently available. I am still trying to see if I may be able to get this information. But, I do have some information from our database and have included it below. If I am able to get additional measurements for this cabinet, I will pass them along to you. I hope that this helps.

Model Name: Rumble 112 Cabinet V3 Model Number: 2380000000 Series: RumbleTM Series Type: Speaker Enclosure Output: N/A Power Handling: 700 watts (Program), 350 watts (Continous) Ohms: 8 ohms Speakers: 1-12" 8ohm Eminence® Ceramic Magnet Speaker, P/N ?, 1 Compression Tweeter with 3-Position with Full/Off/-6dB Switch P/N ? Channels: N/A Features: Classic Fender® Styling, One 1/4", One Speakon Input Jacks, Two Recessed, Steel Bar Handles, Dual Front Tube Ports, Upgraded Compression Tweeter, Patented Magnetic Rumble Head Attachment System, Removable Front Grille Covering: Black Textured Vinyl with Silver Grille Cloth Dimensions: Height: 18.5" (47.0 cm) Width: 19" (48.3 cm) Depth: 14" (35.6 cm) Unit Weight: 31 lb (14.1kg) Shipping Weight: 71 lb. Accessories: None Source: Indonesia U.S. MSRP: $299.99 Specs: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

Thanks.

[quote name='Radchenko' timestamp='1428585223' post='2742708']
Thank you. Good description, and nice Precision bass sound :-)
[/quote]

Thanks! That's the Rumble 500 with the 115 extension cab, mic'd up. Standard USA Precision, with the amp all set flat, except the gain at about 1.

A small aside is that the amp is a cracker on it's own, but add the cab and it's dynamite. I did consider a 112, but over on Talkbass they were raving about the 500+115 together.

A 112 I'm sure will be equally pleasing to the ear! B)

Update, used the two 112s in a very nice rehearsal space last night and the sound was huge! Had the gain on my Carvin BX500 on 5 and master on 3, volume on bass about two thirds on (I'm a bit odd as most on here seem to have bass on full, I always like to have some to spare on the bass so I don't need to go to the amp if I need a bit more volume). The low Cs were lovely and juicy and there was plenty of definition. I had one cab with the horn switched off, and the other on its low setting.

Really pleased with my choice (then again, those EBS cabs look nice & are a good price, but no idea what they sound like)!!

Copy/paste from internet:

Rumble V3 speaker cabinets have been revoiced and re-engineered to produce superior sonic detail and low-frequency translation. Light and loud with classic Fender styling, the Rumble 112 Cabinet V3 is perfect for pairing with the Rumble 200 Head, and it’s the ideal extension cabinet for the Rumble 200 combo...

Maybe, if is a good pair for the Rumble 200 head, is not a good combination for a 500 watts head, don't you?.

Thanks.

[quote name='Radchenko' timestamp='1428524260' post='2742194']

From what I have read:

Thanks.
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...