Why become a member? ×

Kettle Leads

Hobbayne

• 1 month later...

And there we go...

At the end of the gig on Saturday I'm left standing staring a pile of 'kettle' leads. 14 in total. All of them 0.75mm.

I know one of them is for my amp and 4 of them are for my lights. The others belong to the guitarist, PA, smoke machine and Laser.

This is why it becomes a bit of nonesense to fuse each lead depending on the device. People will just grab a lead without understanding they're different.

I'm now left searching for my 3amp/5amp leads and my 10amp/13amp leads. Otherwise I'm going to blow a 3amp lead next time we use it on an amplifier.

Time for some labelling?

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1431969568' post='2776762']
And there we go...

I'm now left searching for my 3amp/5amp leads and my 10amp/13amp leads. Otherwise I'm going to blow a 3amp lead next time we use it on an amplifier.

Time for some labelling?
[/quote]

Either spray the plugs different colours - easier to see on a dark stage than labels. Or just fit a 13A fuse in all of them and stop worrying.

Edited by BILL POSTERS

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1432483145' post='2781882']

Either spray the plugs different colours - easier to see on a dark stage than labels. Or just fit a 13A fuse in all of them and stop worrying.
[/quote]

Or just label the 3amp ones and the 10amp one so that at the end of the gig they get put away with the lights or my amp?