Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Epiphone Jack Casady with hard case
£450

FinnDave

Reluctantly need to clear some space so although I bought this only a few months ago, as it is the only bass I rarely play, it has to go. Bought from a member here, played 2 or 3 times in my brief ownership. Lovely sounding bass, from basic thump through Precision to unexpectedly growly, just by turning the impedance selector switch. Includes a new, hard to find Epiphone fitted hard case. Bass is in excellent condition. The back of the neck has been de-glossed by a previous owner.

Anyone interested in the bass is welcome to come and try it here, near Witney in Oxfordshire. I have the substantial box the case came in, so the bass can be couriered at buyer's cost.

Looking for £450 firm including the case.

[attachment=192844:1-DSC_0012 (2).JPG]

[attachment=192845:1-DSC_0014 (2).JPG]

[attachment=192846:1-DSC_0016 (2).JPG]
'marks' on the back are reflections of the clouds, the back is flawless.

[attachment=192849:1-DSC_0021 (2).JPG]

[attachment=192848:1-DSC_0020 (2).JPG]

[attachment=192847:1-DSC_0017 (2).JPG]

[attachment=192843:1-DSC_0009 (2).JPG]

Edited by FinnDave

It's also got a surprisingly aggressive tone with the impedance switch on 250. It really is a very good bass, but I need to sell something to make space and pay for recent repairs to my bike, and I can't bear the thought of selling one of my Fenders.

Thanks Mark. I clean forgot about last Sunday until Al told me he'd been there. Apparently he tried calling me several times but the signal here is often very poor. I'll try to make the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

This had better get sold pretty darned soon; it's a firm 'bucket list' instrument for me, and my sands are running out. My better half would protest, though, so I'll just shut my eyes, plug fingers in ears and chant 'La la la la...' until it goes. Please be quick...
On the other hand, I've a 'bonus' expected in October, so if the unthinkable happens and it's still here... ;)

May....June...July...Orrrgust, September...all looong months. If it hangs around that long, I'll have to re-advertise it as vintage, and we all know what that does to the price!