Why become a member? ×

Greetings from New Orleans

jwindham

Hi folks,

My name is Josh, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana, and I play in a rock trio currently called The Chaplains. I'm primarily a 4 string passive precision player, and have a few different working basses with pickup swaps (Emg Geezer p/j, Fender original 60s, and a Klein epic 62). The past few years Ive been using an Ampeg ba-115 100 watt combo with the tweeter clipped. It's not the loudest rig out there, but gets the job done for recorded tones. I like everything from New Orleans R&B, Motown, early rocknroll thru modern art rock, experimental, world music, etc.

I have recently been trying out some different amps to put together a stage rig. I enjoy trying out new amps. Most recently, Ive tried out the new Ampeg v4-b, and the new Fender Bassman 500. Both fine sounding amps, just different flavors of good. I also have an Orange ob1-500 on the way to try late April.

Ive already met some of you through PMs over the years, but I enjoy sharing my experiences when it can be helpful to another player. So, please feel free to drop me a line sometime :)

Best,

Josh

Edited by jwindham

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Good evening, Josh, and ...[/font][/color]

Much here to inform, amuse and share. There are more than a few here from your side of the ocean, so you are far from alone. B)

Edited by Dad3353