Why become a member? ×

SOLD_PLEASE REMOVE_ Near Mint Fender P-Bass Sunburst 1966
£4500

Thebassman75

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price or Trade Value : £4000[/font][/color]

PRICE REDUCTION:!!!!!!!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This bass is all original and a transition 1966. Andy Baxter described it as 'the cleanest bass he's ever seen'. Purchased from another basschatter some time ago, it's done it's time here and needs to find a new owner. The bass is currently in Brighton. I can ship it or you can collect it in person. Any questions, please ask[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There's a link to my flickr account for more pics. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For now, here's a little taster. Link is here: [/font][/color][url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/127194667@N07/sets/72157648481750541/"]https://www.flickr.c...57648481750541/[/url]

Edited by Thebassman75

You bad man...you...just when I was talking to the good lady wife about selling off the Warwicks and Stingrays and buying a YOB Precision, she had half talked me out of it then you go and post this just to tease me......beautiful bass GLWTS

No-one knows what the question mark is about. It's been looked at by a number of experts and they all agree it's simply a Fender factory mark with no explainable meaning..

As for stamp-duty.. well, when the house has a fully equipped studio in it in which to house a lifetimes worth of equipment, it's a small sacrifice.

[quote name='Thebassman75' timestamp='1429705160' post='2754116']
It's been played but just carefully looked after. It sounds killer.. Hell!, it is killer......

Surprised this hasn't been snapped up yet
[/quote]
If I had the cash this would have been gone when it was on Andy Baxter!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429625369' post='2753366']

I bet the Horniman would be interested in it for their Music Gallery.
[/quote]

Would be a vast improvement over their encore precision bass that represents the bass guitar right now.

Edited by Jazzjames

[quote name='Jazzjames' timestamp='1430213845' post='2758919']
Would be a vast improvement over their encore precision bass that represents the bass guitar right now.
[/quote]

Ah, come on..The Encore P Bass is alright. Besides, this really does need to be played.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429625369' post='2753366']
I bet the Horniman would be interested in it for their Music Gallery.
[/quote]

My old man donated the giant tuba to them! It was from the roof of their factory, many years ago now.

Plenty of rainy afternoons spent in the Horniman.

(thread diverting free bump for a lovely bass, GLWTS..)

Edited by Drax