Why become a member? ×

Moog Cluster Flux ( I've added a video!)

0175westwood29

hey guys anyone done or know where to find a decent demo for one of these?

thinking about pulling the trigger on one and can only find guitar demos which sound cool but wondering if anyone has used one of these with fuzz or dirt.

and how'd you find it?

andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

I'd highly recommend it. It's been my favourite bass chorus for a long time and I've used loads over the years. Very open and deep and doesn't seem to pump the bass in and out like most do. Tap tempo is really useful too.
It has an input and output level so works well with dirt. Some settings are a bit hissy but that's bucket brigade for you. The chase bliss warped vinyl should be much the same in a smaller box.
The minifooger version should be worth a try too.

[quote name='tonyxtiger' timestamp='1428834417' post='2744942']
I'd highly recommend it. It's been my favourite bass chorus for a long time and I've used loads over the years. Very open and deep and doesn't seem to pump the bass in and out like most do. Tap tempo is really useful too.
It has an input and output level so works well with dirt. Some settings are a bit hissy but that's bucket brigade for you. The chase bliss warped vinyl should be much the same in a smaller box.
The minifooger version should be worth a try too.
[/quote]

i think when the tax return comes back i might just have to pull the trigger on this, i do like the small minifoogers but i kinda want the chorus and flanger, and the extra control that comes from the cluster flux does make it more appealing.

andy

• 3 months later...

it arrived! from the five mins ive had with it, so many sounds in it! cant wait to go in to it in more depth.

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/11822285_10155940434870565_1674305152473478809_n.jpg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/11822285_10155940434870565_1674305152473478809_n.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

andy

• 2 weeks later...

Love it now I've had for a few weeks, have to ep-3 on the mix so can go from dry to fully wet easily and quickly, also means I can leave the moog on so that the drive nob is active.

Such a nice sounding thing!! More moog in my future

And as has been said this thing does way more than what it should be able to do!!

This with the fuzzrocious demon or my cog Tarkin is just awesome.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Aweomse!!! I LOVE foogers.. I'm curretly on my fourth but intend adding a MIDI MuRF as soon as is humanly possible, closel followed by the cluster fux (which was shep's fault!!!! pantherairsort on here is the Moog king and corrupyed my tiny mind edit: only joking shep me old mate)

Any quesytions feel free to ask mate

Daz..

[quote name='Tuco' timestamp='1443968444' post='2879056']
Aweomse!!! I LOVE foogers.. I'm curretly on my fourth but intend adding a MIDI MuRF as soon as is humanly possible, closel followed by the cluster fux (which was shep's fault!!!! pantherairsort on here is the Moog king and corrupyed my tiny mind edit: only joking shep me old mate)

Any quesytions feel free to ask mate

Daz..
[/quote]

i blame shep for my fuzzrocious addiction

andy

• 2 months later...

Jeez. I'm getting blamed for everything!!!! ;)

Seriously though, the Cluster Flux is legendary. Easily the greatest sounding chorus I've had my hands on, and one of the best flangers. The scope of other worldly noises you can get from it is mind blowing. It does very convincing whale noises, and some epic 'time slowing down pitch dive bombs'.

Damn it's a great pedal. Truly epic. My fav fooger after the LPF.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1449788891' post='2926984']
Jeez. I'm getting blamed for everything!!!! ;)

Seriously though, the Cluster Flux is legendary. Easily the greatest sounding chorus I've had my hands on, and one of the best flangers. The scope of other worldly noises you can get from it is mind blowing. It does very convincing whale noises, and some epic 'time slowing down pitch dive bombs'.

Damn it's a great pedal. Truly epic. My fav fooger after the LPF.
[/quote]

yeh its great, going nowhere! although im interested in trying the minifooger chorus and flanger, as they should be in theory the same!

Andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1449797514' post='2927046']

yeh its great, going nowhere! although im interested in trying the minifooger chorus and flanger, as they should be in theory the same!

Andy
[/quote]

I image they will be very different. The CF is based on a Bucket Brigade delay chip. One which is in short supply, and very expensive (as chips go). I believe the mini ones are somewhat more 'traditional' and less mental.