Why become a member? ×

Second "gig"

Tuco

Another great warm up gig last night with [url="https://www.facebook.com/curtisej1"]Curtis E Johnson[/url] and our drummer Glenn, serving up some cunning funk to the (very few) people of the Hart of Duston a.k.a The Rifle Butt in Northampton.
Was great to see a few friendly, familiar faces and even better to see a few confused faces too, as per norm.
None quite as confused, tired and emotional as the slurring, staggering young man who told our drummer about his own drum kit that was way more impressive than the one he was setting up. "I've got 14 cymbals, 2 kick drums, can I have a go on your kit mate?"
Anyway, Glenn being the friendly chap that he is, let said dude have a go on his kit briefly and he let rip with an AMAZINGLY fluent rendition of drums being thrown down stairs with unreserved vigour and gusto.. I was personally glad when he f*cked back off to the bar, only to come back again an hour later (when we're mid set) to try and get Curtis' guitar from him so he could "Play something chilled"
I noticed a f***ing HUGE flea in his ear as he scuttled off NOT to return again.. there's ALWAYS one isn't there boys and girls???
The "gig" went well though and I even noticed a couple of local folk busting moves to our grooves [i][u]grin emoticon[/u][/i]
I was in quite high spirits as I bowled over to the landlady to get one last free lime & lemonade before we left and even quite surprised when she all of a sudden seemed quite interested in us and asked me "So how long have you been doing this for??" to which I replied "Not that long actually, Why? Did you like it tonight??" to which she replied "Not really, no"
Another all round success.
We're gradually moving our way West and will be playing at the Victoria Inn in Northampton on the 25th April for a certain Mr Graham Cousins (of local label Grass Roots Records infamy) birthday bash with local band [url="https://www.facebook.com/jono.bell3"]Jono Bell[/url] and his Uke Dealers and Maggie & Lucy Lyrical
Peace.

Edited by Tuco

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1429369900' post='2750882']
In the event that your combination ever plays Devizes please alert me in advance. I'll arrive very drunk and ask you if I can have a go on your bass.
[/quote]
That made me laugh out loud Mr Skank