Why become a member? ×

Scotland Bass Bash

Bass_Guardian

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1428930647' post='2746018']
Just wondering if there are any Scottish Bass Bash's happening this year?

I've never been to a bass bash as most seem to be down South.

Any info would be appreciated :)

Alex
[/quote]

You've missed this years Moffat Bass Bash, it was in March.

I once or twice have threatened to organise one up here in Aberdeen, but I've been too lazy to take it any further.

Edited by neepheid

Sorry for hopping on this thread but would any Scottish bass players be interested in this?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/259758-bass-player-wanted-glasgow-function-band/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/259758-bass-player-wanted-glasgow-function-band/page__fromsearch__1[/url]

[quote name='Soul-Fi Steve' timestamp='1428968520' post='2746634']
Sorry for hopping on this thread but would any Scottish bass players be interested in this?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/259758-bass-player-wanted-glasgow-function-band/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]
[/quote]

Hmm i'll have a look.

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1428967517' post='2746630']
I'd be more than happy to go to another Scottish bass bash. Would offer help organising it but quite frankly I'd be more of a hinderance than a help!
[/quote]

I am hopeless at organising things too. :( I want another Scotland Bass Bash aswell.

There must be quite a few scottish bass players on this forum surely!

Edited by Bass_Guardian

• 2 months later...

You don't really need to bring anything if you don't want to. On the website there will be a list of most of the guys going and they list the gear they are bringing you can do the same and if there are duplicates it is easy to sort out so that one person brings the item rather than two. Means we get more gear with as much variation as possible for everyone to have a look at.

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1436812437' post='2821055']
You don't really need to bring anything if you don't want to. On the website there will be a list of most of the guys going and they list the gear they are bringing you can do the same and if there are duplicates it is easy to sort out so that one person brings the item rather than two. Means we get more gear with as much variation as possible for everyone to have a look at.
[/quote]

Nice one sounds good to me :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1436812437' post='2821055']
[/quote]

I just show up with my ticket (and better half) and have a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable day out. Great people, well organised and always a great demo from the guest. Steve Lawson this year who i had not heard much about was exceptionally interesting and a comedian as well.
I can see how a more central venue would draw a bigger crowd but that's what makes the Moffat show a bit more relaxing because its not all bassists doing their funk slap thang. Some very talented bassists attending and have heard some nice techniques.
Did miss the jam session this year. That should be revived as makes for god fun just listening to the guys.

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...