Why become a member? ×

GK 800th specs.

Subthumper

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1429388603' post='2751073']
These are the curent GK importers.

[url="http://www.polaraudio.co.uk"]http://www.polaraudio.co.uk[/url]
[/quote]

They are unfortunately a waste of time IME. Overpriced spares, and at the time I attempted to deal with them, didn't have a clue on technical advice for my 400RB that I needed. Shame as such great amps deserve a better distributor IMHO.

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' timestamp='1429472309' post='2751740']
They are unfortunately a waste of time IME. Overpriced spares, and at the time I attempted to deal with them, didn't have a clue on technical advice for my 400RB that I needed. Shame as such great amps deserve a better distributor IMHO.
[/quote]

Actually agree with this, but it is the only first port of call in the UK.

I found it best to get the spec directly from GK then order through PA.

[quote name='nick' timestamp='1429472309' post='2751740']
[/quote]Well said Nick.
There's a Talkbass contributor called Bstring who is very useful regarding GK tech info.
I think if I'm ever fortunate to own one of these amps again (why did I sell mine?) and if I had to convert it to UK from US voltage I'd only bother to run the 300 watt section full range as most people do I suspect. This would make a replacement tranny easier to source as I'd leave the 100 watt unpowered.
All the best,
Martin