Why become a member? ×

Really want to test out a darkglass b7k...

mike_b

Hi all,

Recently had some serious GAS for a darkglass B7K - looks like an incredible piece of kit. However at the price point I'd ideally like to try one out before pulling the trigger and purchasing one. Any basschatters in the Portsmouth/ Southampton area own one and willing to let me have a go? Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1428962787' post='2746566']
If nobody can help, don't forget that in this day and age you can order online then return it if you don't like it for a full refund - some even pay for the return postage, such as Thomann who are selling it for just over £250!
[/quote]

Funnily enough that was where I was looking to purchase from! I've just had a look and they do 30 day money back guarantee, might as well just order one then send it back if it turns out it isn't for me

I ordered the B7K plus a EHX Enigma, the latter of which I wanted to return - they emailed me a pre-paid postage label, couldn't be simpler unless they came to pick it up. Pretty impressive considering it won't be cheap to go back to Germany. They are taking a hit on this, but by doing so are ensuring my future business.

Compare this to my recent experience of returning a pedal to Guitar Guitar here in the UK, I had to pay my own return shipping and my refund was deducted the priced of shipping it out to me even though it was 'free' shipping at the time of purchase. I won't be buying from there again!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1429010236' post='2746912']
Compare this to my recent experience of returning a pedal to Guitar Guitar here in the UK, I had to pay my own return shipping and my refund was deducted the priced of shipping it out to me even though it was 'free' shipping at the time of purchase. I won't be buying from there again!
[/quote]

Had the same experience with Bass Direct. Deducting original shipping costs, by the way, is illegal under Distance Selling Regulations, same going for a 'service charge', the full price you paid has to be fully refunded. To be honest, I couldn't be bothered to contest the original shipping costs deduction because I imagine they must get lots of people abusing DSRs to try stuff at home, but regardless of it being somewhat fair IMO, it's still illegal.

Edited by 1976fenderhead

Yeah, I have bothered to argue my point in the past but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I saw it more as a rental fee to try the pedal out. But I will be making mental notes of which retailers crap return policies so I can avoid them in future!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1429012014' post='2746951']
Yeah, I have bothered to argue my point in the past but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I saw it more as a rental fee to try the pedal out. But I will be making mental notes of which retailers crap return policies so I can avoid them in future!
[/quote]

There's also the possibility that if you contested it and they wanted to be real dicks, they could say that you damaged the packaging or the pedal and deduct some money for that anyway and there's nothing you could do about it, the online returns equivalent of spitting on your burger :)

Edited by 1976fenderhead

I had no idea Thomann were selling them so cheaply.

I sold my spare B7K for £245 earlier this month, so lost very little indeed on buying a new one. But its irrelevant, you will not be retuning it ;) The Attack Cut mode is a huge improvement in usability and I imagine will tempt everyone who sold it for being too metallic back in. amazing unit!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1429010236' post='2746912']
I ordered the B7K plus a EHX Enigma, the latter of which I wanted to return - they emailed me a pre-paid postage label, couldn't be simpler unless they came to pick it up. Pretty impressive considering it won't be cheap to go back to Germany. They are taking a hit on this, but by doing so are ensuring my future business.[/quote]

Sounds like Thomann is definitely the place to go for it. I did see the one for sale on here, but for an extra £20 I could get one from Thomann with a 3 year warranty so just weighing that up at the moment!

Edited by mike_b

Darkglass themselves will give you a lifetime warranty on the pedal (he's pretty much said so on the big Talkbass thread), and since he's such a decent chap I doubt he'd even charge you shipping!

Edited by dannybuoy