Why become a member? ×

Songs to make your brain burst

MarkW

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1429203180' post='2749225']
Since when was Richard Harris Richard Burton? Although you never saw them in the same room together.
[/quote]

Burton was more of a reggae man:

http://www.soundcloud.com/caughtbytheriver/under-dubwood

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1429203044' post='2749219']
Sorry Mark, I actually quite like this one!!! Go on, give it a listen I dare you..... :tatice_03:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH8W-Labb24"]https://www.youtube....h?v=FH8W-Labb24[/url]
[/quote]

Agghh, nooooo!!!! The embodiment of early 90s blue-eyed soul. It's fairly inoffensive to the casual listener, but I tell you this - if you listen to it on constant rotation for about three months straight you won't want to hear it ever again, so I'll pass if it's all the same to you. ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1429203065' post='2749221']
Richard[i] Harris ;) [/i]
[/quote]

Yep - Fool time from me. :lol:

I have been watching 'Zulu' this afternoon, and still had Burton's opening dispatch narration ringing in my ears,
and very good it was.

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1429208705' post='2749324']
I have been watching 'Zulu' this afternoon, and still had Burton's opening dispatch narration ringing in my ears,
and very good it was.
[/quote]

Ah yes, where he says this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own. Classic opening.

James - Sit Down and Laid. Same from start to finish

Waterboys - you saw the whole of the moon - who cares?

Those bad 80's style songs that appear from time to time like We are Young by Fun. Belong in the same bin as St Elmos Fire and Nothings Gonna Stop us Now.

That style of music that shouldn't exist or at least should've died out a long time ago - Valerie by Amy Winehouse, Imelda May and others. Kind of pseudo 60s motown but pish.

MICHAEL BUBLE - aboslutely nothing special about him other than he can sing in tune. Gives me the dry boak every time I hear his sickly voice. Could be any singer out of a boy band.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1429107214' post='2748068']

Yes, the sound of smugness.

Also, I used to like Prefab Sprout and The Divine Comedy. Since ripping all my CDs to iTunes, I now immediately hit skip whenever one of their tracks come up.
[/quote]

Not the ones with me on bass though, obviously...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429206449' post='2749281']

Agghh, nooooo!!!! The embodiment of early 90s blue-eyed soul. It's fairly inoffensive to the casual listener, but I tell you this - if you listen to it on constant rotation for about three months straight you won't want to hear it ever again, so I'll pass if it's all the same to you. ;)
[/quote]It made it onto Classic Albums so it must be good! :-)

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1429229963' post='2749579']
It made it onto Classic Albums so it must be good! :-)
[/quote]

Stop it! It wasn't good then and it isn't good now!
Mick Hucknall is a terrible potato-headed Tamworth with a voice like the dying breath of a lemming!
Still, he did put the 'soul' in 'arsehole', so there is that.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='phil.c60' timestamp='1429207399' post='2749304']
Whitney effing Houston. If I hear her over-shrill screechy voice I can feel the rage welling up from within.
[/quote]

Oh God, yes. And the way she's held up as the epitome of top-quality singing! :blink:
Horrible, strident, shouty, overblown and overdone braying with the subtlety of a howler monkey bellowing down a well!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429231643' post='2749584']
Mick Hucknall is a terrible potato-headed Tamworth with a voice like the dying breath of a lemming!
Still, he did put the 'soul' in 'arsehole', so there is that.
[/quote]

How dare you compare the noble, sweet-sounding Sandyback with that squealing ginger Manc!

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1429273179' post='2749903']
Mull of Kintyre - The song with the most false endings ever... Seriously, catches me every time. Think it's over, but nope...
[/quote]

It's like a form of sonic torture, isn't it? Just when you think it's about to end, he switches the car battery back on...

There are lots of songs i hate with a passion, but i always think this is the worst ever as he is such a talented songwriter, and serious musician. virtually all rap and hip hop is awful to my ears.My worst ever has to be You Can call Me Al by Paul simon.

I don`t like Mick Hucknell`s stuff either. Simply Red were terrible. Basically any music of the era when they had to include the words "one time" and other spoken words that seemed fashionable to include in a song. Oh yeah, nearly forgot to include the Fugees

Edited by timmo