Why become a member? ×

Active Cabs

Veils

A few years ago, I owned an ISP rig which comprised of a preamp and active cabinet. It was by a long way the best rig I've ever heard, let alone played. ISP gear isn't the easiest to get in the UK, so I'm wondering what sort of options there are out there for active cabs?? If anyone has any good recommendations, I'd be highly appreciative :)

I looked at the ISP stealth power amp as an option for guitar. It looked good, quite powerful and tiny footprint but after reading some reviews it turns out that the power supply is bigger and heavier than the amp... bizarre.

Edited by CamdenRob

That is kinda strange!!

I've actually just managed to track down that Sounds Great in Manchester can get hold of ISP gear. The preamp is 279 new which is a fantastic price. The issue is that the cab I had previously is 1499 new!

Our new full-range high resolution PA cab is actually a Big Baby 2 cab with a really nice 800W amp module with DSP built into it. The standard presets are for PA use in different acoustics but we can also pre-program them for bass guitar, FRFR guitar, keyboard, acoustic instrument etc use.

We're just making a load of them for the Brighton Fringe Festival but once we have a spare one I'm happy to loan it out to curious bassists.

http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/FR800.htm

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1429199923' post='2749155']
Our new full-range high resolution PA cab is actually a Big Baby 2 cab with a really nice 800W amp module with DSP built into it. The standard presets are for PA use in different acoustics but we can also pre-program them for bass guitar, FRFR guitar, keyboard, acoustic instrument etc use.

We're just making a load of them for the Brighton Fringe Festival but once we have a spare one I'm happy to loan it out to curious bassists.

http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/FR800.htm
[/quote]

I'd certainly like to compare a powered BB2 to my powered bagend 212 ... I used to have BF S12T & love to hear that cab with a quality power module :) ... So count me in Alex on 2nd dibs !

Edited by sifi2112

I had a slightly bigger ISP cab and it was insanely heavy. However, the sound that it made was incredible. I played in a metal band with 2 very loud guitarists, this amp had no problems at all cutting through without needing to go crazy on volume. Just an incredible rig, that's why I want to get a similar setup.