Why become a member? ×

Bass Player wanted - West Sussex/Hampshire area

silverfoxnik

Hello fellow Basschatters,

I recently received an email from a local female jazz singer who's looking for a bass player to join her jazz quintet that's due to start gigging in June around the Sussex/Hampshire areas. [b]Kerry Le Bern[/b] is her name and ideally, Kerry is looking for someone who can play electric bass & double-bass, something that i can't do unfortunately - hence why I'm posting this ad here to see if there's any interest for this opportunity from within the Basschat community? So, in Kerry's own words:

[i]"I'm currently looking for a bass player to join a small jazz band I have just set up. Unfortunately our bass guitarist is very ill and has had to stand down.

We are a friendly bunch and rehearse weekly (Tuesdays) in the Bognor Regis area. I have keys, sax. Percussion and me on vocals. I do some solo performing and you can have a look at my website here:[/i]

[i][url="http://www.theladysings.co.uk"]www.theladysings.co.uk[/url]

We started in February but we have gigs lined up from June. The set list is mostly what I call 'easy listening jazz' i.e. American songbook, but we are also doing some modern stuff in a jazzy style e.g. Madeleine Peyroux, Caro Emerald etc;[/i] [i]If anyone is interested on Basschat, please ask them to contact me via email or on [b]077398 75099[/b].

I'm looking for someone who can commit to weekly rehearsals in advance of gigs from June.
Many thanks!

Kerry Le Bern Dip LCM[/i]
[i][email="lt%[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[url="http://www.theladysings.co.uk"]www.theladysings.co.uk[/url][/i] "

If you're interested, please contact Kerry directly using the details above.

Thanks for looking and good luck!

Nik