Why become a member? ×

Portable speakers / PA for tuition, lessons, jamming?

Dood

Hello the worldly collective experience of BassChat!

I'm looking for some product ideas and am being truly overwhelmed with marketing BS in the search for the right product.

I teach bass and guitar and have put together a nice mobile set up for going out to students, as well as teaching from my dedicated studio space.
What I am looking for is a new portable (quality sounding) speaker system. If I give you my thoughts on what I need, have you tried anything that would fit the bill?

Portable, battery powered is an added bonus.
Stereo preferably for listening to music too (better quality for use at home would be good but a big ask maybe)
Line input
Instrument(s) input
Some form of Bluetooth (Apple devices)
Charging output for MP3 could be good
EQ
Big sound as it'll need to reproduce bass guitar adequately
I do have an audio interface I can use as well giving more inputs but would like to just plug my laptop directly in to the box saving on excess of leads.

Hmmm, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but I'll add more thoughts as we go along.

Right now I am wondering about the likes of Roland, Ik Multimedia 'iLoud' and similar but would also like to know if the Bose type products of this world would suffice. I'm thinking no due to the lack of inputs.

Edited by dood

Yamaha THR series are stereo, have line input, connect to computer via USB and have effects. Just use the 'clean' setting and you get full range. Battery powered and sound pretty good. Works for guitar and bass. I have two.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Series-THR10-Electric-Amplifier/dp/B006QLW5XC

Edited by juliusmonk