Why become a member? ×

Boss/Reaper help please..

fingers211

Hello,

Having listened to the back catalogue of 'Monthly competitions', I was that impressed that I decided to have a delve into the dark side.....
So I read through the wealth of info on this site and watched a couple of tutorials on youtube and came up with a plan !! (which for me is a novelty )

I downloaded Reaper and took a few days finding my way around, downloading and using a vsti.......so far so good !!

I wanted to use some rough recordings I'd done on my Boss micro BR to see if I could re-mix them within Reaper, and therefore learn a bit about the process of mixing etc, before trying to write new stuff and get me head round Reaper at the same time :scratch_one-s_head:

But, I can only get the 'completed' Boss track to appear in reaper, and I cant split it down..... I can add sounds but it's basically the song that is sat on the Boss...

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd apprecite it......
The Boss tracks are converted to mp3 and sat on my computer...

regards

Nigel

Welcome to the forum Fingers

I am not familiar with the Boss micro BR , but in general the trick is to work out if the 'track' actually exists as the individual parts or whether it adds the parts together and combines them. If it just exists as one 'track' then I fear you are stymied on that one , though someone more knowledgeable will probably be along shortly with some more accurate analysis. :)

With the boss Micro Br I think you're best bet is to convert each of the individual instruments / takes you recorded onto the BR as WAV files and import them / upload them that way. Make sure when you do this that anything that comes in later in the track / song still record the silence that comes before it comes in so it has a starting reference point in reaper.

I am assuming you haven't bounced all the tracks down to the stereo master stage?

Edited by Old_Ben

[quote name='Old_Ben' timestamp='1429569486' post='2752814']
With the boss Micro Br I think you're best bet is to convert each of the individual instruments / takes you recorded onto the BR as WAV files and import them / upload them that way. Make sure when you do this that anything that comes in later in the track / song still record the silence that comes before it comes in so it has a starting reference point in reaper.

I am assuming you haven't bounced all the tracks down to the stereo master stage?
[/quote]
this, if you are importing from the boss, it may be doing it as one track and not the individuals.
if you have the individual instrument tracks on your computer, you should just be able to drag and drop them into reaper