Why become a member? ×

Audacity / Soundclip download help

phil_the_bassist

Hey! I'm having some trouble downloading the wav files. it just downloads a file labelled 'Index' and not the sound clip. I'm using a mac, if that makes any difference... :)

Also, I've just downloaded audacity, but can't work out how to get the EFFECTS to work, nor can I loop a sample. I can cut& paste as many times as i want, but surely there's a "loop section" shortcut?

Any help would be gratefully recieved!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='266750' date='Aug 21 2008, 01:12 AM']Hey! I'm having some trouble downloading the wav files. it just downloads a file labelled 'Index' and not the sound clip. I'm using a mac, if that makes any difference... :)[/quote]
First things first: what WAV files are you asking about? Got a link?
It may be that the site uses some kind of redirection, which means that you should not use any Apple+click & "save as" or whatever Mac use. Just click on the link normally and see what happens. Either that or the site is broken.

Edited by bnt

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='266750' date='Aug 21 2008, 01:12 AM']Also, I've just downloaded audacity, but can't work out how to get the EFFECTS to work, nor can I loop a sample. I can cut& paste as many times as i want, but surely there's a "loop section" shortcut?[/quote]
re getting the effects to work: it's usually as simple as i) make a selection, and ii) apply the effect. If you want an effect on a whole track, you must first select the whole track.

(At least, this is how it used to be. In the version I have on my Linux machine here (1.3.4 beta) it now selects the whole track if there was no selection first.).

I think the "loop section" option you're after is the one called Effects / Repeat in the menu.

If you want more specific help, you're going to have to tell us what you [b]are[/b] doing, and what [b]is[/b] happening. All you've done so far is tell us what [b]isn't[/b] happening. :)

[quote name='bnt' post='266768' date='Aug 21 2008, 01:44 AM']re getting the effects to work: it's usually as simple as i) make a selection, and ii) apply the effect. If you want an effect on a whole track, you must first select the whole track.

(At least, this is how it used to be. In the version I have on my Linux machine here (1.3.4 beta) it now selects the whole track if there was no selection first.).

I think the "loop section" option you're after is the one called Effects / Repeat in the menu.

If you want more specific help, you're going to have to tell us what you [b]are[/b] doing, and what [b]is[/b] happening. All you've done so far is tell us what [b]isn't[/b] happening. :)[/quote]

veeeeery good point!

The Wav files are the clips in our very own BC Groove Library...if I double click, they open in a new window and I can play 'em once thru but there's no looping/downloading available.

and as for the effects, i think I was just being a complete 'tard, as it all seems to be working now! Cheers for the help BNT, apologies for the dumbassed questions!