Why become a member? ×

Arghh Markbass 210 or 410 as extension to Lm3+102

citymariner

Hey all,

I've a lm3 with 102 traveller. It doesn't half pack a punch but I'm finding when I'm going off axis or I'm playing bigger stages I lose the thump. So, with money in the back pocket (Thanks Villa) I'm considering an extension can in 8ohm.
The question is which cab.
210 + 210 stacked vertical
210 + 410 for bigger stages or 410 for those non pa support gigs/ short on space (imo will look ace too)

Think a 210 is roundabout 350 and 410 round 550.

What to do!!! There is flexibility from both setups.

Do 2 2x10 vertical setups out weigh a tradition 4x10 setup- dispersion and all that?

Space isn't an issue and neither is the weight- not that Markbass (even if the shift in production making them weigh more) bother me weight-wise.

Any advice - I keep loading and emptying online shopping carts constantly so I thought I'd ask in the place I could think of.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Well the theory states get the same cab again, as each cab gets the same amount of power, so better to have two of the same. So following that, with a 210/410 set-up, each speaker in the 210 would get double of those in the 410 which isn`t in keeping with the science/techy stuff. But I`ve had a couple of 210/410 set-ups and both worked great. I`m sure two of the 210s stacked vertically would make hearing yourself much easier than using a traditional 410 due to the height. Dispersion, again the science says this is better but that`s something I`ve no experience of.

Edited by Lozz196

Aye, I did wonder about the power distribution techy-science-thingy-stuff.

I'm thinking the 210 is the way to go.
It gives me 3 options:

210 and a backup
210 and a leg up
410 vertical
410 horizontal

Now, will my OBBM speaker cables reach the bottom cab in vertical alignment? I'm guessing not.

[quote name='Sparky Mark' timestamp='1429568188' post='2752797']
The best cab by far that I have used with my LM3 is a 4 ohm STD104HF. Massive SPL!!!!
[/quote]

The only problem I have with this is that I'll need an 8 ohm to use it with my other cab. If I'm going down an extension I want maximum flexibility. I could go 2/4/6 if it is all 8ohm although it seems it won't be an even 6 due to power distribution.

Many thanks for your replies.

I've gone with another Traveller for now and will use the grace period to test whether I should go go the STD102HF.
However, from what I've read it is always best to for exactly the same cab - would the difference in porting/ size etc. cause the cabs to 'react' with one another?? Should be here ready for a weekend of gigging.

Many thanks again for your replies and I'll be back to let you know how I've got on.

Kind regards,

Josh

It's best to find the cab that you like & then add another the same if you need more decibels.
The STD 102 is a bigger cab than the traveller, allowing it to audibly produce a bit more depth to the lows (aka it goes lower in the Hz).

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1429595381' post='2752884']
It's best to find the cab that you like & then add another the same if you need more decibels.
The STD 102 is a bigger cab than the traveller, allowing it to audibly produce a bit more depth to the lows (aka it goes lower in the Hz).
[/quote]

Absolutely. I am really happy with the traveller cab and have always loved the sound. It has kept up with some pretty heavy stuff and has never required my lm3 to go above 12 o'clock. Doubling up will hopefully make it a little easier on my amp and give me that bit more in either vertical or horizontal configuration.

I'm the same as Gary, even though my 2 Markbass 210p Travelers are up for sale.
The only reason for that is eyeball lust for Dusty's Purple Chili rig.

The vertical 2 x 210's really does work great with a tiny stage footprint to boot.
Sadly more room for gaytartists :( :lol:

• 2 weeks later...