Why become a member? ×

Amp vibrating off cab....any cures..?

jonnythenotes

I have two amps I use on a regular basis, both of which are very light weight D class, and that is the problem. Because they are so light, they just move across the top of the cab with the vibration as the volume is cranked up a bit...and I don't mean massive amounts of volume. In the good ole' days, amps were so heavy, they never budged as their own bulk kept them fixed to the cab, but with amps now weighing not much more than a bag of sugar, but capable of huge volume ( and therefore vibration,) I have had two amps hit the deck before I was halfway through the first set. I had no idea why this was happening, until I played a low A, and watched the amp slowly move forward. So...anyone else experience this, and what are your fixes, without nailing or super glueing it to the cab. All I can think of are these sort of none slip rubber pads you see on the dashboards of cars. I have been lucky so far...no damage, but an 800 quid amp smashing in to the deck sure aint my idea of a good gig... So, let me in on your secrets... Cheers.

That's great guys...at least I know I don't have a poltergeist living in my amp now.... I tried a bit of foam cut from a gym mat, but the amp took the foam with it. Will try all of those suggestions and see what happens. Crazy as it sounds, but blue tac moulded round the feet of the amp to form little 'wells' for the feet to sit in might be the answer..

Very clever Dannybuoy....very clever.....that's got to be worth a try, but....is the handle stopping the foam moving, which in turn holds the amp in place, as I haven't got a handle on top, and I want to avoid glueing stuff to the cab... Velcro.....another idea I had not thought of.....nice one... You really are a bright bunch of young chaps....keep em coming....