Why become a member? ×

Amp vibrating off cab....any cures..?

jonnythenotes

Tacky dashboard mats are good. I use one because I like to have my cab at an angle. I've got a Fusion, I just unscrewed the feet so there's more contact with the pad, [i]et violin![/i] I can have the cab at quite crazy angles without the amp going anywhere.

I had something similar with my Genz Benz Shuttle... the feet were hard plastic and did not grip at all.
I sorted it by replacing the feet with nice rubber grippy ones. No issues since, no extra bits to carry around. The head is light but it will not vibrate off my cabs no matter how loud I play.

spill some sugary lemonade or coke or similar drink on top and wait for it to dry

you could do one large spill over the entire top surface or you could save some fizzy pop by just doing four smaller spills directly under where the rubber feet of the amp will sit

hope this helps :)

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1429906063' post='2756344']
I had something similar with my Genz Benz Shuttle... the feet were hard plastic and did not grip at all.
I sorted it by replacing the feet with nice rubber grippy ones. No issues since, no extra bits to carry around. The head is light but it will not vibrate off my cabs no matter how loud I play.
[/quote]

I've replaced the feet on my Streamliner with larger ones, so that it will clear the handle on my Compact when used on its side. The 'feet' are in fact doorstops from Wilko, which can be cut down a bit if necessary, but they're not very grippy. If anyone knows a source of large grippy rubber feet, please do share. (Cue links to pics on fancy dress websites.)

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1429951423' post='2756559']
I've replaced the feet on my Streamliner with larger ones, so that it will clear the handle on my Compact when used on its side. The 'feet' are in fact doorstops from Wilko, which can be cut down a bit if necessary, but they're not very grippy. If anyone knows a source of large grippy rubber feet, please do share. (Cue links to pics on fancy dress websites.)
[/quote]

RS do cabinet feet 20mm wide; http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/product/2032380/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=UK%7CShopping-_-Google+PLA-_-3M%7CFixed+Height+Mounts+%26+Feet-_-2032380&kpid=&kpid=2032380&istCompanyId=f7e7b05b-2daf-4c0e-8825-3633baf8113b&istItemId=xitllxqwx&istBid=tztx&gclid=CO_jwuiNkcUCFWsCwwodhhAAmw

• 3 weeks later...

For years I've use foam under all my amps. I started in valve amp days as a way to protect the valves.

But if your amp is vibrating off the cab I'd suggest you should change the cab. Those vibrations are wasted tone. The cab should be rigid and all the movement, the speaker cone, should only be pushing air and your wonderful tone and volume out of the front of the cab, not moving the walls of the cab around.

As I say, your inefficient cab is wasting your tone and volume.