Why become a member? ×

Tone Monster active wiring harnesses

DarkHeart

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1429981112' post='2756936']
Ive just bought a Spector performer with passive EMG`s and thought id give one of the Tone Monster SBK2 active harnesses a go, does anyone have any experience of them or have I just wasted £25?
[/quote] Hi Jeff I dont know what the active harness is like but the pickups are bloody awesome :) and very well made

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1430492951' post='2762020']
Anyone toying with the idea of buying one of these harnesses i will save you the bother, dont theyre a waste of money.
[/quote] What is wrong with them..poor quality or sound crap just out of interest. If you got it on ebay send it back for a refund mate through the resource centre

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1430492951' post='2762020']
Anyone toying with the idea of buying one of these harnesses i will save you the bother, dont theyre a waste of money.
[/quote]

Really?

I've just installed one in a friends Fender Precision Lyte & both he & I are incredibly impressed with it, it's given the bass a whole new lease of life.

Totally quiet, easy to install & really usable EQ in all settings. Really can't fault it on any level, especially given how cheap it was. I've installed active circuits costing over five times the price that I don't think were as good.

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1431207692' post='2768875']
Maybe i got a crap one, the blend control was scratchy both ways as was the volume control and there was a noticable drop in overall volume, its not like i cant wield a soldering iron.
[/quote]

Sounds a little off alright. I'd try checking continuity with a meter to know for certain it's not the joints.
Then I'd try to get a replacement unit - or a refund. If postage is a lot (depending on where you got it from) this may not be a sensible option.