Why become a member? ×

Help, my Idiotbox bass blower does not get on with my VT bass deluxe!

Shockwave

Heya gents.

Just got back from Band practice a little disappointed.

The bass blower just does not like to be used after my VT bass deluxe. When activated it fails to do anything but boost volume and EQ, but still sounds like the VT bass. The VT is very midrangy.

So what are my options here? What's the simplest and cheapest way of separating the two signals?

I haven't tried to the two pedals the other way around which might help. Though the bass blower does not recommend it.

They are very different sounds I guess. I'd love to keep the Idiotbox.

The Bass Blower does not recommend it? Not heard that before! I would have tried the Blower Box into the VT first - the VT is like an amp sim so would come last. Just watch out that too much bass boost from the Blower combined with too much gain from the VT would make things go to mush.

With the VT when I had one, I liked the character around noon, but if playing fuzz or distortion into it I needed to back off the character control to calm down the midrange a bit. The character control is just like the mid knob you see, except placed before the distortion instead of after.

Edit: Sorry, the idea I had wasn't thought out very well. I suggested making a bypass loop pedal, but it's a bit more complicated than that because the loop pedal would be parallel with whatever you put through its loop, not the other pedal. It can be done, just not with the layouts I linked to.

I'll keep the link here in case it inspires other ideas.
http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/PedalHacker/

Edited by KingBollock

I use a VT Bass as my pre-amp, and the Blower Box running into it. Works great for me. I set my VT differently than I would if I wasn't using the BB in front of it, but if you're stacking distortion, you're always going to need to compromise with EQ somewhere down the line.

So I have been mucking around with the pedals. Idiot box first sounds pretty good! So sticking with that.

Unfortunately my Bass Deluxe has developed a faulty switch so needs to go in for repair :(

Edited by Shockwave