Why become a member? ×

FUSES For GENZ BENZ shuttle 6

DanH71

Just received a 2nd hand shuttle 6 (minus power cable) off ebay UK so I tried it with my PC kettle lead (250V 10Amp).

The head powered on and lit up but then promptly went out. On reading the manual I saw there was a power mode (red) switch at the back: 115 for US, and 230 for the UK.

I've taken off the lid and can see the transparent fuse has in fact blown. It was a T2AL 250V which with my powers of deduction would make it a 2 amp fuse?

So can I use any 2amp replacement fuse? Little confused as on the casing it states the internal fuse should be a T-5A/250V..

If a specific/special kind of fuse is required could someone point me in the direction of where I may buy one?

Cheers
D

Just bought a T2AL 250V off amazon UK. Now gonna have to wait at least 3 days to see if the head works.

Did see a similar post where a guy switched the power mode WHILST the head was on. With me it was just on 115 (instead of 230) when I powered it up first time on having just received it, so I'm hopeful the fuse did its job and sacrificed its life to save my head!!!!

Please tell me I'm right to be hopeful?:(