Why become a member? ×

East U Retro died!!!!

lee650

Hi everybody
Imin a bit of a pickle, i was happily grooving away to the strange rhythms in my head on my Spector when it made I funny sqeaking sound and just went off. ive took the back off and everything looks as it should, ive put a new battery in and nothing :(
Dont know if anyones had a similar thing happen and found out if it was fixable? it may be the barrel jack but id have thought that wouldnt have gone off so quickly. The only tech in my neck f the woods would probably suggest a new preamp which I cant afford, any advice would be appreciated.

cheers lee

Thanks Chris
ive emailed John, however ive dicovered the problem :) the jack socket got a bit loose which I though t was the original problem. Ive tightened it up but it appears the black lead from the battery to the jack socket has come off, hence no power when the jack is inserted.
ive just got to get someone to solder it back on for me as I dont have a soldering iron and dont trust myself to do it anyway, the local tech will probably charge me £50 for 2 mins work :(

Mystery solved :)