Why become a member? ×

tribute bands, who plays in one

lojo

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1430411674' post='2761192']
Not a defined tribute as such but we push out as a tribute to a genre.

[url="http://youtu.be/yhUxGL0OcT8"]http://youtu.be/yhUxGL0OcT8[/url]
[/quote]

Nice promo video!

Blue

Clash band! We have no chance of looking like them but we try our best to sound like them. Formed by accident to do one gig 7 years ago! Named after the Clash tour On Parole. Only thing is some band in the States is called that too...

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1430410516' post='2761179']
Genesis (retired). I've been the "Rutherford" in about 4 UK tribs armed with Shergold, Rickenbacker, Moog and a 12-string acoustic (which was the hardest to play of the lot)
[/quote]Which ones? I've seen G2 and ReGenesis lately.

Would this be classed as a Beatles tribute act? (I say it isn't)-

We play accurate renditions of mainly mid to late and/or lesser known Beatles songs (all written by Lennon/Macca/Harrision, no 'covers').

Our singer/guitarist sings all leads, regardless of who sang the original. Same with harmony vocals.

We dress in late 60s looking clothing but do not go for a look-a-like approach. We dress the stage in a 60s/pyscadellic theme.

How would you categorise that? Semi-tribute?

I play in an ACDC tribute band. It`s not an exact tribute act though: we have a girl singer who does the job well and our Angus doesn`t dress up in the school uniform anymore as "I want to let the music do the talking" :rolleyes:

So the singer dresses up in the school outfit!

He is good though, the best Angus I have heard. Its great fun to play, just hard driving rock n roll!

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1430419702' post='2761322']
Which ones? I've seen G2 and ReGenesis lately.
[/quote]

First was Invisible Touch, mid-90s to early 2000s, then a stint with In The Cage kind of mid-2000s to 2007 or 08. Did a one off with The Carpet Crawlers from Liverpool around the same time, and was later hired by ReGenesis but didn't gig with them due to cabinet reshuffles. I often bump into current and ex incumbents on the prog gig circuit - there seem to be more Genesis tribs around now than ever before.

RHCP tribute: Richt Hoat Chillis, inactive since May 2014, but currently in talks with view to resuscitate it. We formed in May 2009.

RATM tribute: Radge Against The Machine. Formed in 2011, we stopped in June 2014 when our singer decided to quit. We haven't found anybody suitable since. From time to time we look... and next Monday we are auditioning a guy who seems very promising, we'll see!