Why become a member? ×

NBD - Yamaha TRB 5Pii

AndyTravis

Well, ever since I saw Nick Fyffe of Jamiroquai touting these (as well as slapping the sh*t out of it onstage at the Manchester Arena) I've fancied one.

As luck would have it, I had a sizeable refund from the taxman and plumped for one on here from KeithKelly of this parish.

And having some new cabs arrive on the same day was an ideal chance to test it.

1. It's stunning
2. Sustained for hours with old strings, now we're on days
3. Lots of sounds to be had
4. It's heavy compared to my other 35" 5 string, but balances wonderfully

Anyhow, here's a link to a picture as I'm on my phone.

https://instagram.com/p/2HMuKWuQT0/

Think I'll report back after my first rehearsal with it on Monday, and I'll take my US Peavey GV as a comparison.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1430519547' post='2762354']
Put some Fodera 120-40 on it yesterday and they're still settling in. Still getting used to this weight.

I'm sure it'll be fine.
[/quote]

Had one for years. Didn't realise weight was an issue until I joined Basschat. Only sold it as I wanted to move back to 4 strings and couldn't afford to keep it and finance a 4 banger. Really regret selling. Fantastic bass. I'm sure you will enjoy for many years. Well done!

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1430520636' post='2762367']

Had one for years. Didn't realise weight was an issue until I joined Basschat. Only sold it as I wanted to move back to 4 strings and couldn't afford to keep it and finance a 4 banger. Really regret selling. Fantastic bass. I'm sure you will enjoy for many years. Well done!
[/quote]

I never had a weight issue with basses until an awkward fall with a stage piano smashed my back up.

But, I've got my lovely thick strap, and I've waited long enough to get one of these. I think my Peavey may end up losing out. No rash decisions yet though - nice having the choice after 4 years of one in one out.