Why become a member? ×

NBD (well, tomorrow) - Shuker P5 *Update: it's here!!!*

Higgie

Just received these pictures last night of my Precision 5 String that Jon Shuker has been building me. It arrives tomorrow, and to say I am dribbling with anticipation is an understatement!

[attachment=191001:jamesh7.jpg]
[attachment=191002:p30.jpg]
[attachment=191003:p30a.jpg]

Edited by Higgie

Well I'm off on the ship again for 5 months on wednesday, with a lot of stuff to do before I go, so might not get a chance to do soundclips etc, but I'll try!

And thanks yeah it is a great colour. I just love Pino's Precision so thought a 5 string version with flats would be exactly what I wanted, er... needed. ;)

Not very long at all! My first Shuker (the Jazz 5) took just over a year. Jon quoted me 6-8 months on this one and has come in right at about 6 months from when he started building it, following a few weeks of throwing emails back and forth deciding on specs. The neck has exactly the same dimensions as my Jazz 5 too, so should feel exactly the same to play...Just with a big, round, and thumpy P Bass tone!

It's here, and it's everything I dreamed it would be! Feels amazing to play. The flats on it are D'Addario chromes I think, and they're obviously brand new so still sound quite bright. Once they get worn in it will be even better! Here's a quick couple clips I knocked up just now. The playing isn't the best - no metronome etc, just aimlessly noodling! DI'd from my Tonehammer 500 amp pre-eq, nothing added in Logic, literally as flat as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/higgie142/sets/shuker-p5-clips