Why become a member? ×

Newbie!

Lloyd P

Hi everyone, a brief introduction - I'm 53 years old with absolutely no musical experience (although I did play the violin once in junior school!) who has realised a life long ambition to learn to play the bass guitar. I am aware my age is against me but I have plenty of enthusiasm and a desire to learn, and have gauged my expectations accordingly.

I was fortunate enough to buy a used studio Squire Fender Deluxe 4 Jazz Bass from Danny Fox in Sheffield (Bassman Danny Fox) as Jazz/funk is the road I want to travel down,and have found an excellent tutor to help me achieve my goals.

I look forward to interacting with you guys thru this excellent site and will no doubt be pestering you all for help and advice :rolleyes:

[url="http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/lpenpraze/media/P1000301_zpsyqee9pga.jpg.html"][/url]

Hey Lloyd,

I picked up bass last year at 52 and am doing the Rockschool music grades with a tutor. Yup, I will never be a world class player, but boy am I having fun. What us more mature people may lack in learning speed and agility is made up with doggedness to get it right!

Never too late to start, unless you want to play in boy band without looking like the over friendly uncle!

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1430648636' post='2763287']
Hey Lloyd,

I picked up bass last year at 52 and am doing the Rockschool music grades with a tutor. Yup, I will never be a world class player, but boy am I having fun. What us more mature people may lack in learning speed and agility is made up with doggedness to get it right!

Never too late to start, unless you want to play in boy band without looking like the over friendly uncle!
[/quote]

:i-m_so_happy:

[quote name='99mustang' timestamp='1431447864' post='2771500']
Welcome, I was 42 when I started. 99% self taught, very slow learner and still progressing.
Most of all still having fun with it :)

Sent you a PM.
[/quote]

Thanks

��

Edited by Lloyd P