Why become a member? ×

Schertler Amp blew mid-set last night :/

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone's had any experience of this happening to them before, or if there are any amp wizards or part-time electricians who may be able to lend their knowledge.

Mid-way through the second set of a big function last night, my Schertler Unico amp signal just cuts out.

-It definitely wasn't my pre-amp, as I had to go through the PA speakers via my preamp for the rest of the set, and the pre-amp is definitely working fine.
-We were not plugged in to a socket with a noise limiter

-The light on the back of my amp DOES still light up when switched on, however there is no small deep 'pop' that I usually get when turning on the amp
-The lights on top of the amp do NOT work (the low-cut and 'warm' buttons)
-None of the input channels work
-There are four fuses on the main circuit board inside the amp, and one fuse by the power switch. All currently look intact, however I am waiting for a friend to bring round a multimeter later today to test them.
-The back of the amp had become very hot, but I wouldn't have said significantly hotter than usual.
-I waited until this morning to test it out again, to allow the amp to cool down, but still no luck this morning.

Any ideas/experience/advice?

It's a £750 amp, which is really concerning. Such a big expense I could really do without!

Thanks in advance,

Henry