Why become a member? ×

replacement speakers

Hello d-b,

Judging by the steel basket, those speakers appear to be Celestions, custom made for Trace Elliot.

Send an e-mail to -

[email protected] -- and give him a full description of your speaker. He can probably tell you a modern equivilant that will be suitable. See also - celestion.com/contact/

Balcro.

Another option is to have the existing ones reconed.. not many of these guys around these days, but in the North there's RMJ.. http://www.recones.com/
Roy has done a couple of my 'Custom made by Eminence for xxx' speakers, brilliant job!

[quote name='devil_bassman' timestamp='1430822440' post='2764824']
That's what I'm thinking, I'm running an orange terror bass 500, it's 500 watts does that mean the speakers I get have to be 500 watts or above?

Sorry for being thick, I'm only a bassist after all Haha
[/quote]
As the TB500 has switchable output impedance, I'd guess it's capable of putting out the full 500W RMS (so can spike higher than that) into an 8Ohm cab, which is what you have with 2 x 16Ohm speakers, when played flat out. Are you likely to really push your amp?
2 speakers in parallel, each capable of taking 200W, gives you 400W handling. Thus it depends on you not to hit the cab TOO hard as it stands.
If you tend to really push it (you must be in a mad loud band!) you'd probably be better with 300 or 400W speakers x 2 for a bit of leeway. If you go down that road, they tend to get heavier and more expensive!