Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette Electronics

lat89

Hi all,

Apologies for the noob-ness of this post but I am going through the process of changing out the EQ-pot circuit in my Warwick Corvette, and need to disconnect the 4 wires that go from it to the volume pot circuit board. They are soldered to the board via a plastic holder as the picture below shows. I need to disconnect them, them fit the new ones in their place from the new EQ board. Please advise the best way to go about this, would be extremely grateful!

Thanks,
Chris

Maybe it would help us a bit here if you could tell us what you're thinking of putting in there to replace it?

Looking at my Corvette I've come to the conclusion that the black is 0v or "earth". Other than that I'll be interested to hear what others can add.

Just out of interest, why are you changing the EQ?
What are you looking to achieve?

Edited by Grangur

Apologies, I should have been clearer. The circuit board connected to the (stacked) EQ pot got broken somehow (don't ask!) so I ordered a new one through Warwick, and am in the process of swapping them out. So far I have loosened/taken off the EQ pot to release it, and de-soldered a wire and now I need to disconnect this part that goes from the EQ to the Volume. Below is a picture before I started, you can see the chip off the EQ board. EQ board on the right, volume board on the left. Hopefully this helps?

The white block things are plugs and socket connections. Surely you simply need to release the plugs from the old boards and connect to the new board?

Or are we talking about the connection between the new board and the old pot?

I know you can buy the assembly complete, but they charge a bomb for that.

You are indeed correct, had a bit of a brain fog last night, you simply squeeze the connector together and it unplugs. D'oh!

A couple of soldered wires, new input jack, polish, battery and new strings and she's back to life! It must have been 5 years she has been lying in state, packed away and forgotten about. Sounds growly and vibrant, sounds like shes angry at me haha.

Thanks so much for your input, appreciate it!

Chris