Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super Twin Gen 3......Thank you Alex!!

lloyd

I'm really not jumping on the bandwagon here, but.....I have NEVER heard anything as sweet as my new Super Twin Gen3 cab.
It's probably had around 4 hrs of use at rehearsals and has now loosened up.
Plugged in my Gallien-Krueger MB Fusion 500, plugged in my Rickenbacker 4003 and pure, natural, loud, sweet bass appeared, I honestly thought I would never produce a sound so good.
It knocks my old Ampeg gear into a top hat, it's like somebody's just switched the light on!
The tone sat absolutely perfect with loud drums, strong guitar. I can't put it into words how happy I am, and my back, I can carry the lot in one load from the van.
Got a branded cover for it from Roqsolid as well, happy days.
Thank you Alex and all at Barefaced for making a maturing bass player of many years very, very happy.

Lloyd.

Edited by lloyd

When i had a '69er, it was a great cab, but my preferences were moving towards very deep and very clean, and it was adding too much colour for that. Enter the Super Twin, and I'm over the moon with it. I have a very, very powerful poweramp, and even when I crank it as loud as I dare (about half way) the Super Twin can handle it, staying ultra clean, clear and defined. Superb cab ☺

Currently using 2 gen3 super compacts with an Ashdown Evoii ABM head. Cant say enough good things about the cabs! Done 5/6 gigs with them now and they're breaking in really nicely. I keep telling other people - go on, lift them up! no-one can believe how light they are!