Why become a member? ×

Rush R40 tour (probable spoilers)

wateroftyne

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1448042412' post='2912691']
If you're a music streaming service user (I'm a Google Play subscriber) R40 is on it today.

No gig tomorrow night, so I'm-a-gonna-have-me some Rush! :o
[/quote]

There must be a problem re the release date, as it's been pulled from the site. Bummer, as I was just about to start listening to it!

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1448114139' post='2913130']
After watching that I can see why they might feel the need to call time on touring. For me the sad part is that Geddy loosing his voice will mean we'll also miss out on his playing.
[/quote]

Ironically from what I've read, it's Geddy who wants to keep touring, with the other two less keen because they both have physical problems, making it difficult for them.

Oh, and Peart apparently hates it and has presumably only done it for the money for the last 15 years or so... :blink:

Jon.

I can't believe I've just done this, but I've just cancelled my order for the R40 Blu-Ray/CD set.

The clips I've seen look dreary and the performances are grim. And from what I've read on the fan forums, there's a lot more stuff about them that's just going to irritate me.

Ah, well. I've got £25 to spend elsewhere.

Like WoT I was gonna buy the new R40 dvd but after hearing the audio I don't think I'll go ahead with it. Poor Geddys voice just makes it quite rough to enjoy IMHO. The bass playing and sound is great tho.

To anyone who has heard the audio of R40 is there a duff note or chord at the start of Far Cry??

[quote name='deaky' timestamp='1448823924' post='2918414']
Like WoT I was gonna buy the new R40 dvd but after hearing the audio I don't think I'll go ahead with it. Poor Geddys voice just makes it quite rough to enjoy IMHO. The bass playing and sound is great tho.

To anyone who has heard the audio of R40 is there a duff note or chord at the start of Far Cry??
[/quote]

Yep - a two-second fix and they didn't bother. Red Barchetta, YYZ... it's fair to say Alex was having an off-night (I know he has problems with his hands these days).

Quite a bit of the footage I've seen - apart from it being murky - is focussed on the crew moving the backline around. I really don't want to see that. Oh, and ladies in the audience. And air-drummers.

For (far) cryin' out loud.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1448824876' post='2918426']

Yep - a two-second fix and they didn't bother. Red Barchetta, YYZ... it's fair to say Alex was having an off-night (I know he has problems with his hands these days).

Quite a bit of the footage I've seen - apart from it being murky - is focussed on the crew moving the backline around. I really don't want to see that. Oh, and ladies in the audience. And air-drummers.

For (far) cryin' out loud.
[/quote]

Oh dear is there duff notes in RB and YYZ too!

Sorry to say as a Rush fan of 30 years but after buying the Time machine dvd, I decided that Geds voice was shot and I was done. Which saddens me as they meant a lot to me as they have to many people on here. The clips posted above are a bit of a shadow of their former selves.

Still, we still have the albums to fall back on.

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1448826334' post='2918443']
Sorry to say as a Rush fan of 30 years but after buying the Time machine dvd, I decided that Geds voice was shot and I was done. Which saddens me as they meant a lot to me as they have to many people on here. The clips posted above are a bit of a shadow of their former selves.

Still, we still have the albums to fall back on.
[/quote]

I think for me the best live dvd of Rush was the Snakes and Arrows tour. The bass tone and Geds voice was all spot in. Especially the tone from that Jaco Pastorius fretless bass that Ged used on Malignant Narcissim.