Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Tobias Basic 5 String Bass
£1450

Acebassmusic

Looking for [s]£1,450[/s] [color=#FF0000][b]£1,250[/b][/color] plus shipping

For sale or trade is my original USA made Tobias Basic 5 string. Although they named the range "Basic" these basses are anything but basic! Not to be confused with the Toby or Killer budget range of basses. Lovely bass, but I’m selling a few basses as I'm looking for a change……

I would give it a 8.5 / 10 for condition. As you can see from the photos there are some lacquer cracks on the edges, mainly around the jack socket area. Everything else is good and working fine.

18 volt electronics
Neck through laminate construction of maple and purple heart
String spacing at bridge 17mm
Nut width 45mm
Scale length 34”
Rosewood fretboard
Black hardware
Body wings are made from Zebrano
Bartolini NTMB 918F - Vol (pull for passive), pan, 3 band EQ with 2 position mid selector switch.
2 Bartolini pickups
Straploks
Side fret markers
Weight 9.5lbs
I comes complete with hard case.

Trade wise I'm pretty much sorted for basses at the moment but ones I could be interested in are Fodera Emperor, Mayones Jabba, JCR CM or ST, Sei Flamboyant etc. It would need to be a 5 string with active electronics, 24 frets and strangely enough I do like a highly figured wood top.

Edited by Acebassmusic

• 2 weeks later...

The Tobias bass looks nice, but some useful information is never wrong: AFAIK Tobias never delivered it's basses with Aguilar electronics. The bridge is also different. Do you still have the original Bartolini electronics and original bridge? What is the serial number?

good luck with the sale

Hey Basic5,

Well spotted! Actually I had cut and paste from one of my other threads and didnt change the preamp type. I double checked tonight and the preamp isn't an Aguilar but is a Bartolini NTMB 918F and is 18v.....oops!

I bought the bass second hand in its current configuration in the USA and assumed everything was standard. After looking at a few other Basics on the net the bridge looks very similar with the exceptions of the sides of the base plate not being raised. There are also other basics with the same bridge as mine so it may be a slight production change? It has a dual truss rod neck and is serial number 4844.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price drop : [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][color=#FF0000][b]£1,250 [/b][/color][/size][/font][/color][b] :swoon: [/b][b] :D[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Alternately I'm open to possible P/X trades. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Trades I could be interested in are Fodera Emperor, [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mayone[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]s, JCR[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] C[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M or [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ST, Sadowsky, Sei etc. I'm looking for 5 strings with active electronics, 24 frets, 18 mm-ish spacing. [/font][/color] :D[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]