Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 1963 Fender Precision Bass For Sale - SOLD
£4000

ezbass

[quote name='Tweedledum' timestamp='1437559014' post='2826974']
Aaaah, holidays. That was my favourite subject in school.
[/quote]Bunking off was mine, who'd've thought I'd end up in education?

Anyway, '63 P Bass needs a new home, someone make me a sensible offer whilst I'm feeling mellow.

I'm off on my holidays in a short while, so in an effort to drum up some interest before I go, I'm reducing the price to a mere [b]£3,500. [/b]This is a sweetener to get things moving before I head off and I may well put it back up if there's still no serious interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the perfect stablemate for my 69 Jazz!

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/imperialbarge/69Jazz4.jpg[/IMG]

EZ's a really nice guy to deal with too, and his coffee is lush too! I'm really tempted by this...:-/

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1438987298' post='2839308']
Looks like the perfect stablemate for my 69 Jazz!

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/imperialbarge/69Jazz4.jpg[/IMG]

EZ's a really nice guy to deal with too, and his coffee is lush too! I'm really tempted by this...:-/
[/quote]Thank you, my good man :)

The similarities between your very tasty J and my P are marked (I think pun intended, if not initially, then certainly now).

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1440162276' post='2848753']
Look into my eyes (electronically speaking), it's the weekend and you are suddenly overcome with the need for a vintage P Bass, yes, yes this is the one you want :D
[/quote]

You're dead right but I need to sell my Sandberg and accumulate a significant wedge of beer tokens before that becomes possible!

• 1 month later...

On the subject of refinishes, most early '60's custom colour Fenders had white primer. (Although a few genuine original Strats with gray primer have surfaced). Also, there would be an upainted area in the neck pocket were the body was hung from a tube during painting, this system came in sometime in 1963....Anyhow, a much better refinish than my '71 J, what a mess, painted the control cavity, pots and all!
Having been lucky enough to have had 1960 and 1962 P basses for a while, yours looks like a beauty. Best of luck, wish I had the money...
Mart.

Edited by mart3442

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if anyone's already mentioned this , but the body of the bass looks suspiciously like ash to me rather than alder ? I had a a 63 P bass a few years back that was a pretty rare factory ordered ash/blonde . . .( and was an amazing bass ! )
Yours could well be one of those rare ash / blondes too . . . that's had a dusting of white at some point maybe ( it's easier to do than blonde ? ) Anyway , thought I'd give you my two pennyworth , as I'm sure you're in need of more opinions rather than sales !?! :)
Good luck , looks like a lovely bass .

You may be correct, with something this old and road worn it's hard to tell. But if it is a rare swamp ash body....BOOM! Price increase! Yours for £5k :D Nah, just kidding. I'll be satisfied with the current asking price. All I know is that it sounds huge and the neck is a joy to play. Having been using my 4003 for some time now, the P's neck feels really small by comparison, a very shallow C as opposed the Ric's chunky D shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just tried to organise fully insured delivery of another of my basses and failing miserably, I can confirm that this is pick up from Ez Towers or meeting at a mutually acceptable half way point only. This probably best given the nature of the wear, which I know isn't to everyone's taste, even if it is genuine, under the hand wear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...