Why become a member? ×

Any foot switch tuner recommendations? Boss tu2?

I would like a good foot switch tuner for my quarter size DB. Was about to get a Boss tu2 but I have found that a lot of guitar tuners don t pick up the low E string. Anyone use a tu2? I have tried most of the clip on tuners but find that they don t last or I lose them or stand on them or I smash them off of the nearest wall..cos its their fault that I am not in tune!. I assume that they don t alter the signal to the amp?
The main reasons that I want a foot switch is for stage use and for improving my arco. I am self taught (no teachers in this one horse one). Well I say that I am 2 years self taught but taking lots of advice from online folk like Geoff whatzisname on Youtube (a goldmine of info....highly recommend!!).

I use the TC Polytune 2, works a treat on all strings, however, I've not had a problem with a cheap clip-on placed on the bridge neither, but I do prefer the Polytune, which is battery operated, especially on stage with my fretless EB as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

iPhone app tuner before the gig and ear on the gig for me. I have a wee Sabine clip on tuner just in case and it picks up low strings harmonics really well.
Uh, apologies, just realised this thread is ancient and nobody is looking for the advice any longer.

Edited by Rabbie