Why become a member? ×

NBD! Firego content. More, better pics added.

ezbass

One thing I thought was a bit 'off' was that the pickup cover (removed before I left the shop as it gets in my way) is chrome plated plastic, not metal. At the cost of these puppies, I thought that was a bit cheap and should've been solid metal. However, I don't use/need it so 'whatever' really.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1431781659' post='2774938']
...the pickup cover is chrome plated plastic, not metal. I thought that was a bit cheap. However, I don't use/need it...
[/quote]

Hmm... doesn't sit right, really... as you say, given the retail price of these you'd expect better. Send a letter of complaint to John Hall! He's in tune with his customer's needs, I'm sure you'll get a sympathetic response! ;)

[quote name='gadgie' timestamp='1431783163' post='2774953']
I want...no, need a Fireglo. I have the Jetgo in the house, but always liked the colour of the Fireglo. Nice bass dude
[/quote]

See? GAS at work! You already have a glo in the house, but now it's the wrong bloody glo!! ;)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1431714364' post='2774324']
I agree. I keep looking at Andy Baxter's Rickenbacker collection, but it's more money, money, money!
[/quote]

I look to see if he has any 1986 Shadow Ric in. Despite not having £3K+ it's still disappointing to see one come in and get sold...

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1431781659' post='2774938']
One thing I thought was a bit 'off' was that the pickup cover (removed before I left the shop as it gets in my way) is chrome plated plastic, not metal. At the cost of these puppies, I thought that was a bit cheap and should've been solid metal. However, I don't use/need it so 'whatever' really.
[/quote]

I removed the plastic ashtray and eventually the metal pickup surround too, as it was almost sharp enough to shave with. The discussion of this and my disdain for the pompous, fanboy replies ultimately led to me being asked never to darken the doors of a certain Ric forum again, I was devastated as you can imagine :laugh1:

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1431784305' post='2774962']
Cute bass. The dot inlays are less striking than the sharkfin inlays - I'm not sure I'd choose them - but the more contoured body could make all the difference.

Enjoy!
[/quote]TBH it was the less 'showy' aspects of the bass that appealed to me (said he with a 'coffee table' top Ibby with gold hardware) and the rolled body edges are super comfy. It's great that we all like different stuff; especially for the instrument manufacturers.

I decided to post my joy on TB only to be reminded why I don't go there very often. Within a couple of posts there was a guy pointing out that the pickup surround is crooked in relation to the pickguard. I measured it and he's right, it's 1mm out. Thanks dude, not!

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1431930045' post='2776195']
...there was a guy pointing out that the pickup surround is crooked in relation to the pickguard. I measured it and he's right, it's 1mm out. Thanks dude, not!
[/quote]

He obviously doesn't understand that it's little quirks like this that give Rics their charm and unique individuality, or something. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1431934820' post='2776230']

He obviously doesn't understand that it's little quirks like this that give Rics their charm and unique individuality, or something. :)
[/quote]
Indeed, thanks. To be fair it might've been put back crooked after the cover was removed. I'm not going to sweat it .

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1431935025' post='2776232']
ezbass, if you ever sell it, be sure to start a thread telling us why...
[/quote]:D :D :D I see what you did there.

• 3 months later...