Why become a member? ×

SOLD ***ULTRA RARE*** USA Peavey Grind 5
£350

TRBboy

[b][u][i]***ERROR MADE IN PRICE ENTRY - SHOULD BE £[s]450 £425[/s][size=5] now £395ono![/size]***[/i][/u] [/b][b]Apologies[/b]

[b]Now might also be interested in a trade for the right 5 string bass too, not really looking to add cash though[/b]

Extremely rare USA Peavey Grind 5 String bass. These were built in a very small quantity in c.2002 (featured in the 2002 Peavey catalogue (north America)), I think as a forerunner to the cheaper east Asian Grind BXP models that followed. There were so few of these made, it is extremely unlikely you will ever see another one, especially in the UK.

This is a high quality bass, on par with any of the USA Peavey Cirrus or Millennium models. High quality hardware, hum cancelling pickups,18v active eq with passive bypass (and tone control), monorail bridge saddles, and probably the slimmest, fastest 5 string neck I've ever played.

The bass is in Immaculate condition, there is no fret wear, and no dings in the body. The only issue is that part of the shaft for the push/push pot which engages passive mode has broken, although it still functions fine.

I think the bass is probably worth more than this if I'm honest, but I'm looking for a quick sale. Recently set up, with a fresh set of Dunlop Super Brights. 040" -. 120" strings.

Located in Hereford.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any questions! :D

Photos here: [url="https://plus.google.com/photos/118440220171057156930/albums/6149774906916841921?authkey=CJi0mK7UsNmzDw"]https://plus.google....=CJi0mK7UsNmzDw[/url]

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1431867502' post='2775677']
Hi there,

just fyi, I can't see the pics from (from my smartphone). Google says there's something up the URL.
Maybe check that?

All the best,
P.
[/quote]

Hi there,

Sorry, been having some technical difficulties! Try it now, should work okay.

Thanks for looking. :D

[quote name='funkle' timestamp='1431876538' post='2775789']
Paging kodiakblair...

Lovely bass. Have a free bump.

Is it orange or red?
[/quote]

Thanks!

Tangerine officially I believe. :D
It is a really lovely finish, fine flake but with a great depth, and almost a slight 'flip' to it.

Beauty of a bass.

I've saw it listed in all the right places this weekend and TRBboy's right it's a rare fish indeed,
Jazz pickups instead of VFLs or P/J :o

And the PRICE ?. Good God man what are you thinking ? :D

An absolute gem of a bass at a steal of a price. 5 strings and a hand injury rule me out I'm afraid.

Have a BUMP

[quote name='Bassman72' timestamp='1432461835' post='2781599']
I do like Peaveys. Interested in a 7 string Letts Bass? :D
[/quote]
Thanks for the offer, but that's a bit much for me! I would possibly consider a six, but 7 is a stretch to far at the moment! Thanks anyway though. :D

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1432664156' post='2783767']
Any idea what the weight and string spacing is bud? I'm guessing its a 35" scale?
[/quote]

Hey man!

The weight is 4Kg by my scales, and the string spacing is approx. 17mm, although it is adjustable. It is a 35" scale, but very comfortably so. It's very ergonomically designed and doesn't feel 'hard work' to play at all.

Let me know if you've got any other questions.

Thanks for looking.

Oli

Bump for a price drop!!! now £425ono

I realise this is crazy cheap for a USA Peavey, especially such a rare one, when you look at the price some of the USA Cirrus' go for, but I could do with a quick sale so I've priced it with that in mind.

Can discuss delivery options if that helps.

Thanks for looking! :D

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]BUMP! Will possibly be gone tomorrow evening, so this is your last chance to grab a beautiful, rare USA built Peavey! :D[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1433353762' post='2790424']
i was just looking at it, great bass. It's unfortunate that I'm trying to sell rather than looking to buy otherwise I would have given it a home. Good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Thanks mate, it is a cracker, I hope it goes to a good home! :D