Why become a member? ×

Teach me bass guitar

Hutchinson

Welcome to Basschat. Good luck in learning. The guys here are great at answering any questions you may have on the journey. And the journey is easier if you remember it is a journey, there is no "end-product" or cut-off date. The process never stops. Just keep at it and don't give up.

While you're waiting for a DVD, you could do a lot worse than use the following:

1 - studybass.com
2 - scottsbasslessons.com
3 - Find a teacher here on Basschat.

Good luck

Rich

[quote name='Hutchinson' timestamp='1431891207' post='2776005']
Thanks Rich. I'll check out sites you recommended.
John
[/quote]
You're more than welcome, John. I'm a subscriber to scottsbasslessons academy. Take a trial 14 days on this. It's worth a look. On first reading the price of $168 (about £100) sounds a lot. It's actually, when you think of 1-2-1 lessons being about £25 an hour, this isn't a lot for the 100hours+ you get from the academy, plus all the other stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='rjs1909' timestamp='1434254494' post='2798026']
the sites Rich (Grangur) mentioned are definitely worthwhile
[/quote]

+1.

OP, you say you are new to Basschat. Are you also new to playing the bass ? If so, I would recommend holding back for a while on getting "Teach Me Bass Guitar". Dont get me wrong, it is one of the best tutorials out there. It's just that according to some reviews, a lot of beginners were lost after the initial few lessons. Seemingly it goes from very basic to intermediate and on wards, very quickly. So it might be best to go with the above sites first before tackling TMBG.

Granted, I have no personal experience with TMBG. I am just going on user's reviews.