Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£550

carlsim

Hi all... just a feeler at the moment as not sure whether I want to keep this or not...

Musicman Stingray SUB 5 bass - USA model, not the far east version. Got this in a recent trade and really like it, just have seen something else I have GAS for...

Been stripped of the textured paint by the previous owner (hope he doesn't mind me using his images...) and it is a very good job. Nice smooth finish and the wood looks good underneath. Not natural finish quality wood, but that's what you pay 2 grand for in a new stingray.
Black neck and tortie guard creates a very interesting look and it plays very nicely. Rumour has it Ernie Ball lost money on these, and they are comparable to other US models.
These mimic the Stingray classic - 2 band EQ, no chamfer on the edge and separate pickguard and control plate. Much more preferable in my opinion.
I would recommend an inspection so you can see the finish for yourselves. I am in the Great Yarmouth area near Norwich, can meet within a reasonable distance if required.

Would be interested in a Yamaha TRB5 with cash your way if anyone is interested...

Price is negotiable within reason.

Carl.

Edited by carlsim

Hello Carlsim'
Thanks for the prompt reply. Sadly 10lb is to heavy for me. I have been trying to find a replacement for my stolen stingray for a while now. The bass must have been a one off at 8 and a half pounds.
Hopefully one will turn up.
Regards
Robbie.

Back up - any offers or interest?? May have to accept quite a bit less for this... Will negotiate and accept a loss as have seen something I really like... Would listen to offers around £450??

Edited by carlsim